Restored the hubcaps - back on the car

hemidart1

Reaction score
05DD41CE-2D3D-451E-8C93-D07597B93E5B.jpeg
I refinished the caps and painted a shade darker. Bought some whitewalls today and here we go!

7264300B-7008-4621-8B57-0E22A542124A.jpeg
Don’t hate the hood decal- I had made it 20 years ago when we restored it- always liked the 340 Wedge decal on the Dusters so I made a 440 version. I just like the crazy decals Mopar put on cars

You see the reflection of my Expedition in the side of the car and in the bumper- she is poslished up!

Even if you remove the "440" decal, you'll probably still see those numbers in the paint. Between the paint under the numbers tending to possibly be discolored darker from the adhesives and such, the normal "sun fade" of the exposed paint might be a few 1/2 shades lighter. NICE looking car and color combination!

CBODY67

Gorgeous car and nice job on the WHEELCOVERS!:thumbsup:
Have we seen the interior?

Even if you remove the "440" decal, you'll probably still see those numbers in the paint. Between the paint under the numbers tending to possibly be discolored darker from the adhesives and such, the normal "sun fade" of the exposed paint might be a few 1/2 shades lighter. NICE looking car and color combination!

CBODY67
I'd try... if it hasn't been in the sun too long with those on there, it should "buff out"...

I like that you put the triple pin stripes down the side like the factory did. Nicely done.

Just what did you have to do to "restore" your wheel covers, and if there were dents in them, how did you go about removing them?

You have side vent windows, so I guess your car doesn't have a/c? In Canada, probably would not.

Back