Sell or Restore 1960 New Yorker 4DR Sedan?

I'm still upset at your letting go of your 71 polara wagon

It was a bit on the rusty side, and had been been through a flood deep enough to ruin the interior, but not high enough to get water in the 383 or trans.

The funny thing that I remember about the car was while a friend drove it home I was following behind when a mouse jumped out of the right quarter, or the spare tire well and bounced down the highway. Funny $hit... I hate mice.

I hate mice too but there were parts on that car that needed to be saved....................
..............by me

Any runners or are they all parts cars?

The '56 Lincoln, '66 Fury and theb '67 300 could go either way, but the Belvedere will likely get cut up for someone with a '67 GTX.

The rest should all be put back on the road, and most of them will run.

I hate mice too but there were parts on that car that needed to be saved....................
..............by me

Possibly, but I didn't know anyone with '70 or '71 Polaras or Monacos at the time.

Those have always caught my eye, because of the one that my uncle bought new, so if I ever come accross anything in the future I will be sure to check it out for you.

I just thought I'd post a quick follow-up on here. I took everyone's input into consideration and decided to "bring 'er home," to quote Stan. I rented a shop here in Clearwater and just got back from hauling the car and 3/4 of my brother's tools and car parts from MO. Quite and expensive, time consuming, and emotional ordeal. There is still a ton of stuff back in MO I'll have to go back for, but for now, the car and I are in the same state - FL and disheveled haha... Here's a photo of the car in FL. Next step: set up shop and form a restoration plan.
NYer.jpg

NYer.jpg

I hope your satisfied with your decision and hope all goes well with the restoration.....good luck, looks good

Having a nice clean workspace like that will make all the difference. Good luck, keep us updated.

Congratulation on your decision to bring her home and the new shop space. We are here to give you any advice we can in your restoration plan. I think one big decision is to determine how much you want to spend on her now, and then figure out want can be done for the money.

Seeing it again reaffirms my urging you to bring'er home. Congratulations!!

< Sent from my tablet >

Step 1, congrats. I look forward to watching your progress.

Thanks everyone. I'm lucky to have found a forum that is very responsive and supportive. I know it's not really a C body, and I probably shouldn't be posting here, but you seem pretty tolerant of that. I'll post some pics of the shop once I unpack everything.

I know it's not really a C body, and I probably shouldn't be posting here.

B.S. We tried to get a better Home page discription, but Joey had no interest in learning about full size Mopars and their designations, which left a confusing introduction to this site.

You are more than welcome here in my book, and I really like your car and look forward to seeing you progress with it.

Thanks everyone. I'm lucky to have found a forum that is very responsive and supportive. I know it's not really a C body, and I probably shouldn't be posting here, but you seem pretty tolerant of that.
We kind of figure "C-bodys" will intice anyone who owns or is interested in any BIG mopar to stop in and hang with us. The 55-61, (forward look), mopars are really not well represented elsewere so we need all the help we can get. (I have a 61 Plymouth Fury).
I've found that there are several "closet" forward look fans here... and some who have not figured it out yet. (generation gap).
Stay with us.... take your shoes off......keep us informed.

Back