Sell or Restore 1960 New Yorker 4DR Sedan?

"... would be curious to know either outcome......"

In other words, do nothing to keep him interested talking about it.....

Thank you for your condolences. That was very kind of you.
Thanks Matt for echoing what we all feel here.

Detroit huh? When I see your posts I'm going to think about Detroit Rock City!
Movin' fast, doin' 95
Hit top speed but I'm still movin' much too slow
I feel so good, I'm so alive
I hear my song playin' on the radio

I heard DAT....! I'm a Detroit native transplanted to the South. Most folks think of "Motown" when the think of the Detroit music scene...... Fact is, when I was growing up Detroit was a huge rock & roll town.....
Bob Segar, iggy pop, alice cooper, deep purple, and it goes on....

I guess I should have added at first that I do very much like the car, and I have already been researching parts. I learned about the cross-ram intake and that SMS has any interior fabric I may need.

Sounds like you have a leg up in the right direction already. Here is another OEM interior fabric supplier....http://originalauto.com/

I have recently aquired a 1961 Plymouth Fury and am in process of researching information and parts suppliers for it. The 61 and back forward look mopars are a little more challenging to restore then the later cars.

woodstock-poster.jpg

I would of loved to been there!!! I've seen most of those bands at concerts in the U.S. and Europe. I didn't see Hendrix, Joplin, Incredible String Band, Keef Hartley, Tim Hardin, Nick Benes. Saw Joplin when she was the lead singer for Big Brother and the Holding Company.

Joplin had a 1965 Porsche 356C. It's at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

Last edited:
You probably already know this...

Try saving the picture to your picture file on the C drive of your computer and then load it in the FCBO insert image icon.

I tried that first.... wouldn't load.... must be some kind of copyrite block on it... No big deal.

Is that a purple dash or a reflection from the pink afghan ...

I'm not sure. I asked my friend to take some pictures of the interior for me, and the pics show more of the seats than the dash. It appears to be painted gray and reflecting a little pink, but the interior is Trim 326 (mauve) so perhaps it's also mauve? Finding out the 326 mauve trim was the extent of my attempt to decode the door jam tag... Does anyone know of a site to help out? I couldn't find one.
IMG_0101.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0104.jpgIMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

Back