Service concern .....?

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My brother had an issue with his Charger about two years ago, which we determined was beyond normal service & maintanance.
Luckly it happened at slow speed, just above idle when something broke........

DSC01409 (Large).JPG

After two years of me being busy and him not feeling good, I went over to his place on Wednesday and we got busy.
Two long days and then this morning the Hemi made fire & smoke once again.

DSC01406 (Large).jpg

DSC01407 (Large).jpg

DSC01408 (Large).jpg

DSC01410 (Large).jpg

DSC01411 (Large).jpg

DSC01412 (Large).jpg

DSC01413 (Large).jpg

DSC01414 (Large).jpg

DSC01415 (Large).jpg

68 HEMI Charger R/T with manual steering and brakes! I hope your brother has his strength back. Great to see that car back together, I'd like to see more photo's if you get the chance.

What a beautiful car! No stripe and no vinyl top looks sweet on it.

That is a cool piece of garage art....Love it!

That was a lot of work...glad you got it all back together and running again. As the others have asked...real deal 68 Hemi Charger? Regardless the car is gorgeous!

real deal 68 Hemi Charger? Regardless the car is gorgeous!

Yeah ........ A real J code 68 Hemi charger. My brother bought the car from Reggie Jackson back around 1990. It was a California rust free car that had been rode hard and put away wet. Every body panel is original to the car with zero filler in it.

The engine is a 1966 dated service block, (the original engine reportedly was put into a boat and then destroyed and lost).

The car was restored over about a 10 year period in my shop in NC and finished in my Alabama shop.

Heres how we installed the engine the first time. This time the block stayed in the car.

chuckshemi (Large).jpg

upandunder (Large).jpg

68 charger 001 (Large).jpg

68 charger 002 (Large).jpg

Charger in Detroit (Large).jpg

Wow manual steering, manual brake, the only thing missing is the 4-speed but who am I to split hairs. FBBO has nothing on us LOL.

Everyone at Chrysler should have quit and moved on to other industries after that.

My sister had a yellow one. I'd give her 25 bucks or so to let me use it on dates. My 71 Corolla wasn't quite cutting it with the ladies.
Hey! Take pity. I had just been locked out by my first wife and was getting a divorce.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Wow manual steering, manual brake, the only thing missing is the 4-speed but who am I to split hairs. FBBO has nothing on us LOL.

4spds are more of a testosterone thing. The Mopar guys from back in the day learned early on that if one wanted to be quick ...... one needed a torqueflight.

Back