Snagged this from FBBO

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It was an older thread regarding a Craigslist ad for this car. The link had expired of course but I thought the car was interesting enough that we should have a look at it over here. It seems we might need some subject matter this morning other than unions and formal radios...

image.jpg

Lol! Are you saying that there's something wrong with unions? I didn't say there is anything wrong with either of them.

Ad was expired.

I'd like to see something like that finished and done right. They always seem to be someone's half assed POS that has been given up on.

Hmm, I would be willing to finish it if i could get it cheap and not have to travel too far to pick it up, looks like all the hard work is done.

It looks to me to be a '66 Newport sedan that he cutout the roof and moved the c pillar forward. Is that the general consistence of what it is?

Looks like the hard work is done I would take it plus with the nicest 66 on the planet having been sold this 66 could be the best 66 customized Newport on the planet LOL

It looks to me to be a '66 Newport sedan that he cutout the roof and moved the c pillar forward. Is that the general consistence of what it is?

If it's a flower car, it was done professionally. Flower cars are used in funeral processions to carry the big arrangements that are sometimes present. They range from simple pickups like this one to elaborate systems for hydraulically lifting the arrangements for viewing.

If it's a flower car, it was done professionally. Flower cars are used in funeral processions to carry the big arrangements that are sometimes present. They range from simple pickups like this one to elaborate systems for hydraulically lifting the arrangements for viewing.

We do not have those in the mid west or I have never seen one in Ohio. I didn't understand flower car reference earlier. I think it would make one really cool work truck for my business, hell I would go ahead and put a hitch on it too.

I'm thinking it was a backyard job finished up with a 55 gallon drum of Bondo. And yes, the lines are awkward.

I don't like it. No Chrysler/Mopar should be cut up in such a manner, done up half assed than left to rot like that. It's not right.

I have never found a picture of a C-Body flower car made by Chrysler or a coach-builder.

I have never found a picture of a C-Body flower car made by Chrysler or a coach-builder.

Flower cars aren't all that popular to begin with and I think most are Caddys. I did a search and came up with this... Is it a flower car? I dunno... It looks better than most backyard conversions and the frame work in the "bed" looks like stainless steel. I know the beds on flower cars were usually stainless steel. It looks like that bed might have been removed. More pics in the link to someone's photobucket (not mine).

DSCF0120.jpg

http://s1210.photobucket.com/user/TAMMakaT/library/1965%20CHRYSLER%20IMPERIAL%20FLOWER%20CAR?sort=3&page=1

I also found this:

1ad217042395ed6e7eefffb19dad3ca7.jpg

Looks very similar to the junkyard pics.

I found this too. Not a C body, but interesting. Stainless bed.

79chryslerfc.jpg

Back