Snow Sleds - then and now

1Fury1

Slab Side Slacker
Reaction score
My son in law left his new mountain sled here at our place over Christmas. Last night I went to get a drink of milk and caught a glimpse of this thing outside the kitchen window in the dark, it looked like some kind of alien creature. Couldn't help thinking how far these things have come since I was a kid.

Vintage SkiDoo.jpg

Kyles SkiDoo.JPG

plastic_ski_ad.jpg

These always looked like fun. I've never seen one though.

Last edited:
plastic_ski_ad.jpg

These always looked like fun. I've never seen one though.
I have seen only one, a guy brought it into our shop to repair the throttle cable. Another customer of mine saw it and said he has seen them on ski slopes in the 80's.

Interesting that Chrysler would want to be in that business back then. Last year my son converted his Honda CRF450 to a Timber Sled like this one.

21936.jpg

I read once that it originally was meant for military use. It was supposed to be able to break down and strap to a soldier's back. I've never seen anything else that confirms that.

Chrysler had a pretty successful line of boats for a while, so venturing into the snowmobile market might have just come naturally. A lot of the boat companies were doing it back then.

And your point would be??????????????

If she went our dressed like that she would not be smiling anymore... she would be freezing her assets off! LOL!!

And it's another case of using a women's body to sell something totally unrelated to the product....

Back