spare tire mount convertible VS hard top??? 67Fury

67Furyvert

Reaction score
I have found a hard top with the brackets for the tire and jack. My convertible id not have either. Beofr eI drill out the spot welds on the hard top and weld them into my convertible does anyone with a convertible have any info on how the spare tire and jack mounted???

Help please!

Although this is a sedan it is correct for a convertible as the CHP cars utilized the convertible system for the spare tire so they would have room for the radio above the axle.

2013-07-23_002.jpg

The jack and handle just lay on the floor under the spare, the base goes in the spare and is secured with the typical wing nut.

If you need more specific details I can get them. This is a 69 but I'm pretty sure the 67 convertibles were the same.

Alan

MrMoparCHP,

Thanks yes I have this loop on the trunk floor, I purchased a J hook and wing nut and will see how it all comes together after I get the jack restored.

Thanks AGAIN!!!!

Although this is a sedan it is correct for a convertible as the CHP cars utilized the convertible system for the spare tire so they would have room for the radio above the axle.

2013-07-23_002.jpg

The jack and handle just lay on the floor under the spare, the base goes in the spare and is secured with the typical wing nut.

If you need more specific details I can get them. This is a 69 but I'm pretty sure the 67 convertibles were the same.

Alan

The J-hook will work but the original had a flatten bolt with a hole like might be used for a brake pedal or clutch. There was a bolt through this bracket and the eye on the bolt.

Alan

Back