Store bought or homemade tape for timing?

IMG_5320.JPG

Here is the brass seat, spring and check ball I just pulled from my factory 4299S.. looks to be a much improved and more stable replacement that was installed during the rebuild by the Jersey carburetor shop.. Boy oh boy was the other seat way off. Notice how the check ball and spring line up, with the spring holding tension on the accelerator pump bore side of the passage.. and that spring being held in place by four prong-tabs.
I put this one in the 4299S I'm using now. We'll see how she goes.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that would cause a flooding issue. The spring/check ball would be there so the accelerator pump doesn't push fuel backwards when the plunger is depressed.

I like the diagrams a bunch though.:thumbsup:

View attachment 141327
Here is the brass seat, spring and check ball I just pulled from my factory 4299S.. looks to be a much improved and more stable replacement that was installed during the rebuild by the Jersey carburetor shop.. Boy oh boy was the other seat way off. Notice how the check ball and spring line up, with the spring holding tension on the accelerator pump bore side of the passage.. and that spring being held in place by four prong-tabs.
I put this one in the 4299S I'm using now. We'll see how she goes.
More likely is that the valve was simply manufactured differently than anything you did with compressed air. As to what it could cause were it defective, if the ball were stuck open, I'd assume you'd loose pump pressure and therefore have a lean condition upon opening the throttle.

I think I missed the part in this thread where you said what the issue was ... I know you had her running pretty good then you had a PS leak .. what did I miss?

Yes, dot 5 for the brakes in my Imp....

Back