That can't be right.....

That would explain the ridiculas advance numbers maybe mmmm sidekick says cap & wires never parted company went back on as they came off mmmm....
Yep I always put them one at a time still ended up one off but retarded not even sure how it started and man it ran like crap. Moved the wires, magic my old car back again.

Yep I always put them one at a time still ended up one off but retarded not even sure how it started and man it ran like crap. Moved the wires, magic my old car back again.
Did that on purpose once as a youngster to compensate for a skipped chain... if only I wasn't dumbass enough to continue driving... that engine could have survived.:BangHead:

to me it would explain the cannot idle part, but not so sure about the timing part.

I have a pic on a thread on this board somewhere - 5-599 carb from summit. the first one the butterfly could not be lowered enough to cover up the idle ports inside the carb throat - it was like .035 or so. the measurements are on that other post. anyways it never was in the idle circuit, but always in the main circuit, so it was never ever going to set right. I sent it back and got another refurb carb that was within spec adjustments. that carb now is on mandos car out in the grove or Sunnyvale or wherever he stays at. and I have an eddy on my motor now.

if you have the timing so far that you are firing on the next bang and 1 is not 1, but 1 is really 2 (if that makes sense) I think you need better hired help lol.

try not to detonate -

- saylor

Back