The Garage Mahal - Progress Continues. . .

Or the Fonz. I always thought if I ever built a garage I'd do the exact same thing and rent it to pay for it for a while then to use as a man cave or whatever later. Have you considered putting a dumwaiter (big one) in it or roughing it in for later when you want to store parts after you kick out the Fonz?

Haven't thought of the dumbwaiter idea. Still trying to figure out where we will put the stairs. . .

Awesome, I'm jealous....

Why did you use plywood vs. OSB?

OSB sucks for longevity. It is terrible building material! Plywood is the way to go, no doubt. Cutting a few dollars here is the difference in 20 - 30 years in terms of that garage (or any building!) staying up and healthy.

I would prefer plywood too esp if the garage walls are unfinished. Did you calculate $ differential vs OSB?

Just curious

Well. . . I knew it was a bit more expensive, but the guys specify the materials and do the work; I just write the checks and do the schlepping. . .

Last edited:
Well. . . I knew it was a bit more expensive, but the guys specify the materials and do the work; I just write the checks and do the schlepping. . .

That's about all I could do too. Wish I had the space for a garage like that or any kind of garage other than the dinky modern one I have

Just looked through the whole thread, looks great, any finished pic's?

I know this is hard to believe, but the Garage Mahal isn't finished yet. Still needs the siding applied, the electrical finished up and a stairway constructed to the second floor. Things go slower on a shoestring. . .

I know this is hard to believe, but the Garage Mahal isn't finished yet. Still needs the siding applied, the electrical finished up and a stairway constructed to the second floor. Things go slower on a shoestring. . .

Any photo updates from last?

Back