The one that got away

I learned that lesson long ago. Either don't look until your ready to buy or trade. Or .... If it finds you, buy it and figure out how to pay for it later. Money comes and money go's ..... Not so for some cars.

I learned that lesson long ago. Either don't look until your ready to buy or trade. Or .... If it finds you, buy it and figure out how to pay for it later. Money comes and money go's ..... Not so for some cars.
Yah i knew of this car from last year and the yard was shut down and sold so i had to try and move on it in a very short period of time, on another sadder note, the car went to a scrap yard, i am trying now to get that phone number and work something out, even if i dont have the money maybe someone else can grab it.

If it was sitting there for 30 years in a humid NC climate, it seems the underside would be a rust nightmare, wouldn't it? Kind of like that blue 70 300 on ebay now with the stuck engine and subframe that needs replacing it seems.

Yah i knew of this car from last year and the yard was shut down and sold so i had to try and move on it in a very short period of time, on another sadder note, the car went to a scrap yard, i am trying now to get that phone number and work something out, even if i dont have the money maybe someone else can grab it.
The car was sent to a scrap yard?? How did that happen if they knew someone was interested in buying it? What did I miss?

If it was sitting there for 30 years in a humid NC climate, it seems the underside would be a rust nightmare, wouldn't it? Kind of like that blue 70 300 on ebay now with the stuck engine and subframe that needs replacing it seems.
Not NC but Texas, dry and dusty, the interior was dried out and it had some rust in the trunk and a hole in the drivers floor from the front cracked windscreen i would say, certainly a lot less rust than the charger i have been repairing.

The car was sent to a scrap yard?? How did that happen if they knew someone was interested in buying it? What did I miss?

Well I was told another buyer was getting it, the guy needed the yard cleared out asap and he isnt into Mopars at all he bought the yard and the cars were there, i didnt find out until after it happened that it was a scrap dealer.

I told you guys about this car last year and you bashed it.I didn't even give a price.Told you that if it didn't sell it would be parted or crushed.I still have the fender tag for it.Also a parts car for the GT 70 Fury 4 door 318,77 NYB 440,72 Fury 3 360 2 door,75 Royal Monaco 360,77 Dodge ex Goodyear tire test car 440,78 Fury ex cop car w/light bar 400,custom 76 Dodge van 360,70 Duster FC7 4 speed,67 Belvedere 318,72 Demon 318 and several others were scrapped,including about 35 complete motors and trannys,mostly 440's and 727's were hauled across the scales.That's not including the bare blocks,short block,heads,cams,intakes,carbs,rears and any other part you can imagine.I gave you guys a chance at them first,but being dicks about it got the cars scrapped.Oh well,I got what I wanted to keep anyway.Email or call me later Gary.Sorry it didn't work out this time around.I'll try to see what exactly happened to the car.

Correct me if I am wrong. But if that's the car I think it is an estimate of about 1k from some forum members was considered an insult back then; now it is said to have sold for 750 Dollars.

Back