The Sport Fury S/23: how many survived?

First of all congratulations on your purchase

Does it still have original paint currently?
If so it should stay that way because it still seems to be in decent shape IMHO

Why did you install the heads/cam/intake etc?
It is a rare original car not a massproduction car like a Charger etc so why "hot rod" it?

Carsten
It came that way previous owner did that but didn't put the right cam to match the heads.

Some guys have all the luck. Wow. What a score. Congrats.

And yep, you have the Brougham interior in Tan. Pretty rare. You can get original material from SMS Fabrics and have your seat repaired. They'll also have a correct headliner as well.

Get your dash pad from Bob at ABC Moparts. I just got one this last week for my 70. ABC Moparts - Dash Pads & Interior Parts for A-Body. B-Body, C-Body & E-Body

View attachment 105402 View attachment 105403

Thank you for the info, I had no idea where to start. Can't thank you enough!!! Very cool. The car has to be painted because of about 5 rust spots and the paint is faded pretty bad. She looks great from twenty feet LOL

Also, I can tell you right now you want to pull that rear window and clean out the rust that is forming. If there aren't holes in the channel already, it's well on its way. I'm repairing mine this long weekend. While time consuming, cutting out the rot and welding in some new sheet metal is the only way to do it.

View attachment 105404
I'm on it paint is next.

Even the Canadians don't want to stay in Canada and wind up in Florida this time of year:poke:
My wife's from Courtney that's how I ran into it. I always new that going to a micro brewery was better than white water rafting LOL had I not gone to the brewery I would have never looked for it. I asked one of the guys at the brewery and they said it was still there but didn't know exactly where it was so I started driving around and found it in 45 min! Wish I could have bought it 2 years ago when it just got kicked out of its garage space for a used caddy. The owners daughter did say she wasn't ready to sell it till I knocked on the door and by then she realized it would rot out sitting outside. In 2 years the car went from a 3 to a 5. That constant rain just eats the paint and bod. The car is super straight and in amazing shape underneath. 5 rust spots and that's it!!

Even the Canadians don't want to stay in Canada and wind up in Florida this time of year:poke:
I was thinking of restoring it in Courtney so I would not have to rent a car when we visit the family twice a year. But then I found out what it was and couldn't resist not using it more often and taking it to shows.

seems like the paint has aged quite fast, if bottom pictures are of 2012

img_1444-jpg.105296

5152jn6_20.jpeg
kijiji.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of restoring it in Courtney so I would not have to rent a car when we visit the family twice a year. But then I found out what it was and couldn't resist not using it more often and taking it to shows.
This is a great story, and proof that decent finds are still out there, thanks, and please keep posting!

The car was registered in Alberta at one time. This photo is in the 15900 block of Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, prior to July 2014. The deli changed names then.

5152jn6_20-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
The car was registered in Alberta at one time. This photo is in the 15900 block of Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, prior to July 2014. The deli changed names then.

5152jn6_20-jpeg.105450

Doh! Critter missed one...

everybody moves to BC and its all fun and games at the start....then reality sets in...vehicles...relationships and family's are generally part of the fallout...if you go to BC bring cash or your own job......

Love the car, congrats!

Unfortunately it sat outside for two years on the Island in the constant rain which destroyed the paint quickly and caused some rust. It wasn't for sale till I knocked on the door so the timing was good for me but not for the car. Been driving it around and it needs a bigger cam to keep up with the heads intake and carb. Also going to 354's to give it a little more get up and Go. They did a great job on the rebuild but picked the wrong cam. I wonder what the car would be worth finished to perfection ? which I intend to do, hard to gauge their are none for sale. I would think that they would be up there with the Road Runners and GTX but maybe not. Sure is a cool looking car!!!

Back