The wave of disappointment is moving over me as I type.

All this rusty gold is less than 5 minutes from my place and never knew about it till late this summer!
Found out about it from a fella almost 2 hours away when looking at Magnum 500 rims.
They started the wrecking yard in 1955, as you can see the land is consuming the cars, the 2 old brothers have no immediate plans on scrapping it. Super nice guys and reasonable.
Great place for a walk, a movie was filmed there ( C2 )

Removed a rear glass form a '64 Dart sedan years ago. Held in with a gasket. Got the glass with no problems. set it on edge on a couple of shipping blankets. All was well, so I thought.
About a half hour later BOOM. The glass exploded with shrapnel flying everywhere.
Never did figure out the cause.
If you are still looking for a windshield, give Murray Park a try.
Omni

Boydsdodge, if you hover over the photos from McLeans, year make and model usually shows up in the botton left corner of the pic. Might help in finding out you have more options in the yard.

Thank you for all for your suggestions. I am searching in an ever expanding radius from me, so if I find within a drive all the better. If I get shipped more risk of survival and the cost gets up to $1000.00 quickly.
I would order from the Buffalo warehouse of Windshields To Go USA Inc. If I could find out if it is a legit. I have been searching for info on the company, but find nothing but there on pages.

Gotta wire cut them out. Wire needs to go all the way around, pull it at a angle to the edge to keep from grinding the wire on the edge. Go around a couple, three times till low resistance. Then it is ready to come out.

I gave Windshields To Go USA Inc. a try.
I figure if it is a scam, I am in pretty good standing with Visa.

Ordered from Auto city glass. It is on the way, nice to talk with seller when ordering. Auto city said they did not have a listing for 73 Imperial, That might be part of the reason it has been hard to find a windshield.

Gotta wire cut them out. Wire needs to go all the way around, pull it at a angle to the edge to keep from grinding the wire on the edge. Go around a couple, three times till low resistance. Then it is ready to come out.
Sounds like my prostate surgery coming up at the end of the month!

Ordered from Auto city glass. It is on the way, nice to talk with seller when ordering. Auto city said they did not have a listing for 73 Imperial, That might be part of the reason it has been hard to find a windshield.

i was very happy with the windshield i got from them, got it shipped to WA then forwarded it to me here on the island, lot more distance than shipping to you will be. it was safely packaged so dont worry about it

20221104_133148 (2).jpg

20221104_145016.jpg

20221104_145031.jpg

So this all started because of a loose windshield???

Yes. A loose windshield and misplaced push of the blade.
Now that a new windshield is on the way, do I use the butyl tape? Butyl tape and caulking? Or just caulking as new cars? I am planning to have the tape and window frame all prepped for the installer.

Now that a new windshield is on the way, do I use the butyl tape? Butyl tape and caulking? Or just caulking as new cars? I am planning to have the tape and window frame all prepped for the installer.
Best to ask your installer what he prefers, everyone is different but installers have prefered products they use.
I recently had the ragtop done on the Polara, went out and bought pads, tack strips and cables. Once it was ready, I went and picked it up and he did not use the tack strips nor the cables, wasted $100 bucks!

I guess I’m still confused as to what prompted removing the windshield in the first place…

Back