This is a great forum site Thanks!!

cuda hunter

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm all over the web on many web page forums. Mostly cars but a few other types of forums also.
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this site. The people on here are great,comparatively speaking, to most all of the other sites I'm on.
Not real sure what makes it different, but this site really is awesome.

Thanks guys for contributing to this great site. I really appreciate being a member here.

Cuda' Hunter

I'm all over the web on many web page forums. Mostly cars but a few other types of forums also.
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this site. The people on here are great,comparatively speaking, to most all of the other sites I'm on.

Cuda' Hunter

Yesterday i bought 2 sets wheels from another Dutch member and he exactly says the same thing…....and i agree…..:thumbsup:

I think the beauty of the forum is the way members are so willing to share their wisdom and advice to all, but those members willing to listen, learn, take, and "follow" that advice are most appreciated and get the most out of it.

I try to welcome new members as soon as possible as I recall numerous forums where you introduce yourself, ask a question and are ignored for several days.

All the best with your car.

It’s also the lack of moderation. I’m on other sites where threads and posts get deleted on a daily basis just for going off topic. Some of the best info I’ve gotten are from threads that veered off in another direction.

It’s also the lack of moderation. I’m on other sites where threads and posts get deleted on a daily basis just for going off topic. Some of the best info I’ve gotten are from threads that veered off in another direction.

100% Agree!

Thanks guys for contributing to this great site. I really appreciate being a member here.

Cuda' Hunter

Thank you Cuda for this thought-provoking post. I've been thinking about this topic too.

I feel the same way as you about FCBO. This group is similar to the group of friends I used to hang around with, after high school. We congregated at a gas station named "Child's ESSO." Pretty much every day we would all check in there to see what was going on or to meet up to go somewhere else. Child's ESSO was THE "go-to place" - any time of the day or night. Hell. . . Even after we dropped off our dates on Friday or Saturday night, we would always drop in at Child's before we went home - if we ever did go home later that night. . .

To me, FCBO is just like Child's ESSO. After I get up in the morning, when there is a slow time at work and before retiring at night, I almost always check in at FCBO, in much the same way as I did so long ago at Child's. This is because FCBO is where a lot of my friends are located, and that is why the group has such an appeal for me. Even though most of us have never met each other IRL, I think most of us have a similar feeling regarding our friends here - And that is why this place is so special.

That´re the same thoughts I have about fcbo. Great community, very few keyboard-heros who try pick on other people.

Maybe it´s because political topics are banned into specific threads. Everyone who wants to join in the political rant can do
it there and those who don´t want to can stay away from it and when we talk about cars it´s strictly cars.

Also like the mixture of people, Americans, Europeans and Oceanic guys come together and exchange knowledge about
the common passion !

Maybe it´s because political topics are banned into specific threads. Everyone who wants to join in the political rant can do it there and those who don´t want to can stay away from it and when we talk about cars it´s strictly cars.

Agreed. In addition, even though members at times get into pretty heated discussions in political or otherwise non-C-body threads, it does not prevent them from respecting the C-body knowledge/competence/expertise of folks who have expressed very different views in those non-Mopar threads.

In other words, common decency and knowledge/competence/expertise are recognized and valued. To boot, FCBO folks here are very generous with their advice and time. This does not prevent one from needing a thick skin at times, but that's a feature not a bug -- that's very good too!

PS: IMHO, it helped that a core group of folks on the Polara Yahoo board (@polara71, @Fratzog, @Bill Watson, @kmccabe56, @My70monaco, @vidsal to name a few -- apologies to those I leave aside) contributed their vast knowledge and good humor to early FCBO discussions.

Last edited:
In other words, common decency and knowledge/competence/expertise are recognized and valued. To boot, FCBO folks here are very generous with their advice and time. This does not prevent one from needing a thick skin at times, but that's a feature not a bug -- that's very good too!

This is what means a great deal to me, because I don't have to worry about any of my kids coming up and looking over my shoulder. Most everyone minds their language and they keep it under control. So many people have been extremely helpful when I've found my self stumped with something.

@Samplingman -- despite the archaic nature of the user interface, I really wish the old Polara & Monaco Yahoo Board had not been taken offline by its corporate owner recently. I just went there hoping to find some information on a Windsor car, and it's gone. I am pretty sure I would have...

Back