Upgrading jazebelle

It is as easy as changing the fuel pump it's right there when you take it out it is just loose between the cam in the fuel pump.

It is as easy as changing the fuel pump it's right there when you take it out it is just loose between the cam in the fuel pump.

It's so easy to do basic maintenance and parts replacement on Mopar big blocks .. one of the reasons I've always loved them

So what are you gonna do with that NOS one now....... :D

It's not like Will is never gonna change another fuel pump on a big block and potentially encounter a worn one grin.gif

grin.gif

Ok... green here in that area. How difficult is it to change the fuel pump rod on a big block? We do all our own wrenching my Dad and I.

Pretty straight forward procedure. R&R the alt. and fuel pump. At the base of the fuel pump mount flange is a threaded plug with a 5/16 hex, remove it and the fuel pump push rod will slide out. Apply some bearing grease to the replacement rod and slide it back into the bore, then replace the plug. (the grease will allow the push rod to stay in place in the bore until the fuel pump is installed.
Took about 35-40 minutes.

Make sure to use the correct and unworn 5/16" hex socket or Allen wrench. Mine was mangled by a previous hack and I actually had to fire up the mig welder to get the plug out.

Back