Upgrading jazebelle

Yes, same here on the passenger side. The hanger will bolt into the original holes on the driver side OK, but the "tabs" for the insulator are flat against the bottom of the trunk floor. There is no way the insulators will go on.
I'll probably just redesign the bracket to fit.

The tail pipes slide in from the rear just fine. The instructions say start from the rear but I think that is misleading. From the manifolds back worked best for me.

The reason for starting at the back is that it is much easier to get the tailpipes on the hangers. Once they are secured on all 4 hangers the mufflers hang on nicely and are held in place, then the H slides on, and then the front section just pops in, then tweak and clamp. YMMV.

Or were you being facetious...
biggrin.png

You nailed it on the second try Stan......
I knew that...

Posted via Topify on Android

I finished the exhaust system on jazebelle today. I'm really happy with the quality of the TTI system. It was not quite the "bolt on" installation they claim but nothing a little tweaking couldn't overcome. I did need to shorten the tailpipes by 2" to work with the hitch. Now they will look good with the hitch installed or removed.
Can't wait to drive her. I'm curious as to the difference with the HP manifolds and duals.

DSC01697 (Large).jpg

DSC01698 (Large).jpg

DSC01699 (Large).jpg

DSC01700 (Large).jpg

DSC01701 (Large).jpg

Very nice Will..... FYI when I put the HPs on my 71 I didnt notice a difference, but they look better.

Good to know the TTIs worked out well, would you do them again knowing the few trouble areas?

I also replaced the brake booster and master cylinder.
I used an original morrain booster but replaced the drum brake master cylinder with a larger disc brake unit. Once I installed the disc brakes I found that the drum brake master cylinder could not provide the volumn of fluid needed to operate the disc's efficiently. Everything bolted up fine. I'll see how well they work once I drive her.

I was having issues on a long steep grade towing the camper, with the master cylinder bottoming before stopping. Slowly pumping the brakes helped but it was an uneasy feeling having inadequate brakes.

DSC01702 (Large).jpg

Very nice Will..... FYI when I put the HPs on my 71 I didnt notice a difference, but they look better.

Good to know the TTIs worked out well, would you do them again knowing the few trouble areas?

It would seem that the bigger manifolds would breath a little better, but your right Dave, they look great on there.

Knowing what I know now there really wasen't a issue with the TTI system. It was more of a variable in the car manufacturing.
I sent pic's to Sam at TTI and he said it was suppost to go that way but the hanger bracket was against the trunk floor, not that way on the cars he had pic's of in his file, A long pry bar allowed me to make the needed adjustment.

I would definitely recommend the TTI system.

DSC01685.jpg

Beautifully done, as expected, of course. I like how you sweat the details.
Now...
Show me how you swaged the pipes!!
:D

Who manufactured hitch?

I made the hitch myself using a commercial class III hitch and designing frame and end brackets to fit the car. It's designed to attach using the bumper bracket to frame bolts, I didn't drill any new holes. I can have it off in 10 minutes with no indication there was a hitch present. (well.... except for the lighting harness which unplugs and tucks up behind the bumper.

Cool thing is that it will also bolt right onto my new 69 fury custom Suburban also.

I also replaced the brake booster and master cylinder.
I used an original morrain booster but replaced the drum brake master cylinder with a larger disc brake unit. Once I installed the disc brakes I found that the drum brake master cylinder could not provide the volumn of fluid needed to operate the disc's efficiently. Everything bolted up fine. I'll see how well they work once I drive her.

I was having issues on a long steep grade towing the camper, with the master cylinder bottoming before stopping. Slowly pumping the brakes helped but it was an uneasy feeling having inadequate brakes.

Now, my next question is, can someone please tell me how boosters were finished from the factory

Beautifully done, as expected, of course. I like how you sweat the details.
Now...
Show me how you swaged the pipes!!
:D

It was a fairly easy process for me....... :shruggy: I loaded the pipes and mufflers into the Admiral and drove into town, to my friends muffler shop where they used the swege attachment on the pipe mandral machine to form the needed swege. Didn't even charge me anything.

Great work Will, now I will know what I will be getting myself into. :headbang:

It was a fairly easy process for me.......
shruggy.gif
I loaded the pipes and mufflers into the Admiral and drove into town, to my friends muffler shop where they used the swege attachment on the pipe mandral machine to form the needed swege. Didn't even charge me anything.
I knew there was a trick to it.

That's the difference between many of our member's cars and the cars you seen getting flipped by the huge dealers using glamour photo shoots.

Will did the exhaust the best and right way. We know that.
Buy an $18,000.00 car at Mecum. It's brand new exhaust system done by local muffler shop won't be half as good. It will be hung all wrong.

The system looks great...and you did an excellent job installing it! But I did shake my head at the use of the old hoop muffler clamps. :(

Back