Vent Window....Lube or Limber

66furys

Reaction score
Have tried to find more on the horrible vent window work and parts. I am wondering two things on the windows.....does anyone offer a kit of the rubber and channels for the windows, and also has anyone figured out how to lubricate the vent window, to ease its operation. I assume that the upper and lower shafts could be lubed with something. And of course the regulator. But, I have not found a discussion on this issue. Anyone had any luck with limbering up the triangle of glass that causes so much trouble. Thanks for thoughts.

Typically it's the worm gear regulator having dried up gease in it - if you are able to remove the assembly from the car, disassemble it to get at the regulator, you can chuck it in a can of solvent to break down the grease, and then relubricate it.

It's very unlikely it's the glass pivot.

Ross is correct. I have my 68' 300 apart right now and after reading this I decided to check mine. Bent the tabs back and checked inside. Absolutely dry. No evidence of liquidity inside at all. Going to try and boil it out and re-lube. I think the rivets could probably be removed and replaced with bolts after threading or re rivet possibly. New lube and tighten the rivets should be as good as new.

Excellent points, thanks. I have only begun to look at this issue.....does anyone know if the regulators are same R/L......thanks

Back