Welcome, snow

You haven't hit on anyplace I want to be, regardless of population...:realcrazy:

I might, could enjoy being in the Ohio "wilderness"... you know, where all you see in any direction is corn... but I think that might get old for me too.
I love seeing corn, and soybeans, every direction I look. It means wide open country roads, just waiting for me to cruise them, free of traffic. It's pure bliss.

Last edited:
I just did the exact opposite of this to get some snow pictures. We don’t get much around here but when we do we enjoy it. Up by Petersen Ranch (as in Hot Rod Magazine) north of LA.

2B4AE1C5-383A-4139-A1D5-83D192CA7532.jpeg

BF358FF3-75E1-4B95-9409-6994F6C26E71.jpeg

D3BB61F7-E8AD-46A3-89A9-2BDC479A7361.jpeg

54C8C5D2-F396-4E5F-A1E6-BB0DB57D2A45.jpeg

We use cinders not salt. No sheet metal was harmed in the taking of these pics.

Last edited:
Definitely locals. It’s down in the mid 60s don’t ya know.
Us visitors from the north are wearin our surf shorts and Sun Bum sunblock.

The locals dress like that every morning at the beach regardless the temp. I saw locals wearing winter down-filled coats last week while in the high 70s.

I like the change if seasons. Winter is a state of mind, dealing with it is as easy as you want it to be. I like the snow for the most part. I try really hard not to drive in it because of all the idiots that seem to forget its slippery and you need to slow down and be careful. Retirement has its benefits, turn up the heat in the shop and relax, itll be spring.........sometime!

Definitely locals. It’s down in the mid 60s don’t ya know.
Us visitors from the north are wearin our surf shorts and Sun Bum sunblock.

I talked to a senior woman 'bout a month ago that had moved up here from Miami to escape the mayhem & sprawl and one of the first thing she noticed was the Canadians going into the ocean during the cold weather months when it was like 50/60 degrees out.
:rofl:

I just had to tell her about the time a old senior retired race buddy of mine & I took a Christmas beach walk to go see the Daytona 200 memorial when it was sunny but 55° f out.
He was down from Iowa by about a month or two, think he had his shirt off, I had long jeans, a light jacket and work boots on, lol. Then we came upon a woman with her toddler dressed in a snowmobile jumpsuit (?) building a sand castle. This was decades ago before smartphones and before I had got my first digital camera, damn, that'd be a good shot to sell to the toor'ist bureau I told him.

:rofl::rofl:

My wife's niece just moved here from Georgia. Before that she lived in Alabama. She was offered a job transfer she couldn't turn down at Lockheed Martin.

Anyway... She experienced her first real snow... She said she brushed her car off and shoveled the 2" or so of snow before she went to bed and said "I got this". At least 8" fell overnight and that kind of surprised her. Luckily she only has a couple miles to drive to work.

Her dogs are loving playing in the snow, but haven't figured out how to crap in snow as high as their butts.

My wife's niece just moved here from Georgia. Before that she lived in Alabama. She was offered a job transfer she couldn't turn down at Lockheed Martin.

Anyway... She experienced her first real snow... She said she brushed her car off and shoveled the 2" or so of snow before she went to bed and said "I got this". At least 8" fell overnight and that kind of surprised her. Luckily she only has a couple miles to drive to work.

Her dogs are loving playing in the snow, but haven't figured out how to crap in snow as high as their butts.
Not saying I'd be inclined to tolerate it, but under the circumstances, I'd rather poo on the floor than onto a snowbank above sphincter level too. :rolleyes:

Snow that happened here in Connecticut last Sunday December 1st. Our carport and tree by our backdoor decorated with Christmas lights for the holidays
IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

You must have a good heater.^^^

I’ve never tried it. The car was 100% untouched when I got it so every mechanical part was like it was off the titanic. I figure as soon as I touch it I better be ready to replace it. Not even sure if the fan works Lol!!!

I won’t lie about the cold either, it was 65 and cloudy that day. Windbreaker weather around here. The pics look convincing though...

Back