WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

I'm not familure with that car. Standard two tone in 61 was a secondary color on the top. Midyear "Sport tone" option was the entire top section of the car was a secondary color. Mine, being a convertible, will be primary color Alpine white below the beltline, Emerald green, (maybe turquoise), above the beltline, with a white convertible top.
I might have a photo of the car down loaded . Here is a couple of photos of the car

Jeff's '61 2.jpg

jeff's 61.jpg

After 4 years of searching for 61 Plymouth parts I have established a good base of parts suppliers, both new and used. One of the reasons I held up the restoration of Virgil was to obtain the nearly impossible to find stuff so I wouldn't need to find them once the car was ready to reassemble.
As of now, once I get past the services, (body, paint, etc), I'll be able to procede with the final assembly without interruption. Bumpers are done, All my exterior body stainless trim is complete or in process, as is the last of the pot metal and chrome plating. All else is NOS.
Gee... It's like you've done this before.:thumbsup:

That is a beautiful car. It is a great example of the basic two tone. Here is a example of the Sport tone applied to a convertible.
1961-Plymouth-Fury-american-classics--Car-100900181-fe1031393eef794d5db35b78737432c0.jpg

The Sport tone paint option became available on Fury only on May 12 1961, very late in the production year. Cost was $19.95.
Not many were produced but a retro application was available at the dealer level.

Could have made it silver and black, just happened to click on your NYB for comparison, you dirty old man.:rofl:

...and of course the wife was right next to me the second that pic popped up.

Thanks, I'll wake her up now and come up with that excuse two plus hours later.

Back