What fuel do you use?

The Valero out near the track here has 116 at a separate pump.

There's a station near my local track that sells CAM2. I don't remember if it's 107 or 110 octane. Or you can go to the track and purchase a myriad of different racing fuels.

I grew up in a small town so we used to go to the airport & add a few gallons of jet fuel.

Brad Penn oil.

Mike, are you talking about this oil? I buy it for $60 for a case of 12.

http://www.penngrade1.com/

41gabQBNGsL.jpg

That's the stuff and I think Valvoline is making one that still has the zinc content. All the zinc is still in the diesel oils and its a bit cheaper.

If you're looking for zinc, use Shell Rotella Diesel oil. Lots of guys run it in their cars.
Caution: There's two Rotellas. One for diesels that have to meet the new EPA requirements and the Original Rotella T. You want the Rotella T.

...there has been no reduction of zinc in the straight weight
Rotella oils such as Rotella T 30. There has been a slight reduction in
zinc for the multigrade Rotella T oils in order to meets the new API
CJ-4 specification. Rotella T 30 should still work well in your antique
Buicks.

Thank you for your interest in Shell products.

Richard Moore
Staff Engineer
Shell Global Solutions (US) Inc.
Westhollow Technology Center, PO Box 4327, Houston, TX 77210, United
States of America
1-800-231-6950

When I had the engine built in the convertible that is what the engine builder said to use.

commando1;70616Remember Mobil (I think) "white gas" or was that before your time. Damn said:
I remember walking to the Sunoco gas station a block down the pike with my dad. I was little, before 9 years old and he would fill a milk jug with gasoline for 45 cents. I never bothered looking at a octane rating, my Tonkas ran fine without it.

high compression = high octane low compression = whatever you want. ethanol will harden rubber over time (long time) but it has higher octane than premium gas 95 to 97 vs 91 to 93. buy what makes the car and you happy

high compression = high octane low compression = whatever you want. ethanol will harden rubber over time (long time) but it has higher octane than premium gas 95 to 97 vs 91 to 93. buy what makes the car and you happy

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

In germany we have up to 98 octane US (german ROZ 102). I use it on Hemis and 440 HPs which have 10:1 compression. I can drive with full ignition 34/36

Yet we only have gas with less than 5% ethanol but I am scared it will change in the future.

I've read the blend E-15 (ethanol blend 15%) will eventually be worldwide soon. I've read that it can damage some engines and void warranties.

Just lower it a little, doesn't look that bad afterwards. LOL

Back