What fuel do you use?

THAT is so gay. You'll NEVER catch me in one of those things.

2jfbz9z.jpg

The absolute height of the "gayness" is that stupid little light that turns on when you plug the thing in with the chord....ooooooo look at me, I'm doing my part to save the world...........................I'm calling earl, right now.

Run the cheapest, lowest octane gas your engine will tolerate without pinging... Premium gas is a bit "cleaner" and if it makes you feel better about your 40-year-old engine staying clean then go ahead but it really isn't doing much. The '69 Polara I just got has a factory 383 4-bbl with 10:1 advertised compression and it seems to run fine on modern pump premium; I haven't tried mid-grade yet but my main concern is the valve seats sinking from no lead.

That's the real concern for you other C-body'ers, if your car was built before 1972 and you drive your car more than a couple thousand miles a year your valve seats WILL sink over time and you will lose performance. You can either swap to later heads with the hardened seats or get the seats in your current heads hardened.

And yes those electric cars are ugly and fruity but I wouldn't mind owning one of these...
2012-tesla-model-s-fd.jpg

2012-tesla-model-s-fd.jpg

Last edited:
Run the cheapest, lowest octane gas your engine will tolerate without pinging... Premium gas is a bit "cleaner" and if it makes you feel better about your 40-year-old engine staying clean then go ahead but it really isn't doing much. The '69 Polara I just got has a factory 383 4-bbl with 10:1 advertised compression and it seems to run fine on modern pump premium; I haven't tried mid-grade yet but my main concern is the valve seats sinking from no lead.

That's the real concern for you other C-body'ers, if your car was built before 1972 and you drive your car more than a couple thousand miles a year your valve seats WILL sink over time and you will lose performance. You can either swap to later heads with the hardened seats or get the seats in your current heads hardened.

And yes those electric cars are ugly and fruity but I wouldn't mind owning one of these...
View attachment 12494
While this IS better than the "ugly fruity" cars it will never have the throaty roar of a V8. Just can't do that with electricity.....as far as I know.

I'm a V8 guy myself but I was stuck on a plane reading car & driver last week & the very fastest (and quickest) super cars are using electric motors for instant torque boost. Some of them literally have a boost button like a video game & they said you better hang on tight if you're gonna mash the button. I'm talking 9 second production cars (albeit expensive production cars).

View attachment 12494

O.K. I've had enough, go away ...............................:poke:

I'm a V8 guy myself but I was stuck on a plane reading car & driver last week & the very fastest (and quickest) super cars are using electric motors for instant torque boost. Some of them literally have a boost button like a video game & they said you better hang on tight if you're gonna mash the button. I'm talking 9 second production cars (albeit expensive production cars).
I've seen that too, technically it is rather amazing....BUT like I mentioned I just isn't the same.

They already had that 30 years ago, kitt. :laughing4:

knight_rider_turbo_boost.jpgth.jpg

knight_rider_turbo_boost.jpg

th.jpg

I agree Dave but I would like to feel what it would be like to be silently slammed back into my seat!

I roared past many of these cars on my 2,500 mile road trip and almost every one of them looked at me or pointed at me with a look of disgust!

Ya, those cars are GAY!!! And not being too judgmental......the driver looked gay as hell too!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, LOL, the greens and the gays go hand in hand. For the most part they both support each others causes. Both as annoying as hell!
Oops, did I say that out loud? :laughing4:
Maybe they will start putting some type of electronic device in those electric cars to simulate the sound of an actual engine.:)

Back