What gears to run?

So use up one wheel at a time with the open rear! Way cheaper the then slinging all that sticky black crap up on the under side of both quarters. Personally I pulled my 323 suregrip and installed a 276 open. I'm just hoping to get it to move onto the positive side of 10MPG. FYI, the 323 at 75MPH was doing rite at 3500 RPMs and the 276 dropped that to 'bout 2800 and it's too soon to make any judgment on any MPG improvements.

IMG_0645.jpgwagon on the beach.jpg
Theres a picture of the motor as the car was coming together and of it on the beach in Daytona

IMG_0645.jpg

wagon on the beach.jpg

Sure grip 3.23 for sure. Around here the going rate for one of these used and in working condition is about $400.

Just 400 bucks ? That's dirt cheap compared to what they want for my 4 banger Opels. At least two to three times there. I should change my brand completely. :)

Wish I could find them around south carolina for around 400 bucks. Everybody wants close to a thousand around here.

speaking from actual experience. i have a 3.23 posi in my 68 sport suburban wagon and the last road trip i took was over 1100 mi highway/two lane back country roads i averaged almost 16.5 MPG . car had a complete tuneup before the trip and swapped original four barrel for a edelbrock. engine is 383

My 4 dr Imperial has 2.76 and is the best highway car I've ever owned with absolutely effortless passing power and 16.5 mpg (mostly highway) on the last trip with the car. My Imperial Coupe has 3.23 and is much more spirited at the stop light derby...got 14.5 last time I calculated mileage (mostly highway). I honestly can't pick which one I prefer. Oh both are sure grips from the factory.

HPIM1896.jpg

I have the same trouble but at least there is some variation, yours are very similar

Im just gonna save up and buy a new suregrip with new gears. I can't find anyone that wants to sell a nice used one who doesn't want almost as much as a new one.

I have the same trouble but at least there is some variation, yours are very similar

Yes, the are very similar by design, but I am amazed at how different the driving experience is between the 4Dr and the 2 Dr...they are quite different.

Both my Polaras are different in almost every aspect of driving. Even though they look like the same car to most

Im just gonna save up and buy a new suregrip with new gears. I can't find anyone that wants to sell a nice used one who doesn't want almost as much as a new one.
Seriously? Do you have a center section and just need the guts or are you looking for the whole thing?

Back