wheel fitment

sweatnblood

Reaction score
So I've been trying to find the right wheel fitment but man it's hard...I have the 65 fury so If I'm not mistaken I have 5x4.5...so my question is what's the backspace I'm looking for? I looked on ebay for some rims and seen a set of torqu thrusters with the same bolt pattern but then I put in my year and it said it would not fit...so is it the backspace that's hard to find? Right now I'm running a 245/60/15 & 275/60/15 rear...I also need new tires so any suggestions? was looking at Micky Thompson or cooper cobra...also thinking indy 500 but they stopped making them so I have to hunt them down...ok that's all...thanks again for all the help you guys have given me so far:eek:s_dancing2:

They are 5x4.5, and ive also been looking. What I have found that people say works is a 4.5 backspace and 0 offset. Hope this helps.

Right now I'm running a 245/60/15 & 275/60/15 rear...I also need new tires so any suggestions? was looking at Micky Thompson or cooper cobra...also thinking indy 500 but they stopped making them so I have to hunt them down...ok that's all...thanks again for all the help you guys have given me so far:eek:s_dancing2:

I have always liked the look of the BF Goodrich radials, white letters out. If you have 275 60's on there and they fit, what you are looking at should fit

I'm using 15 x 8 w/ 4.5 back space on the rear w/ 275-60 15 coopers on my 66. If you can find 5" back space you should be able to go with 295's. Skirts won't clear my tires.

SweatnBlood:
Not sure if they stoped making Indy 500's but I know I just put a new set on my 59 Chevy Apache. The guys at Preston tires in La Mesa CA had no trouble finding them for me. Maybe you can give them a call and see if they will share supplier info with you?
(619) 460-8311

nice on the find of indy 500's...thanks guys for the input...I took the skirts off...I like the look better...makes it look more muscle car-ish IMO...was thinking of going the all black steel wheel look but not sure yet if it's going to look right...you know wheels make or break a look...

I have a set of original 15x8 76 to 78 only RamCharger wheels on the rear with 4" backspace with 28x10x15s on my 66 Sport Fury. The only mod I needed to do was trim inner fender well lip back 3/4 of an inch. I have no plans on ever putting the skirts on again, so it's what I did and IMO, the car looks badass! Gives the car that nostalgic look. I'm ordering a set of Nitto NT 555R Drag Radial 275/60R-15's. They are 9"s wide and will be perfect for what I need. So, you'll be safe at either, 4",4 1/2 or even 5" backspacing. There is a lot of room back there on our Fury's. To be honest the 4" backspace looks the best as it brings the tire out that 1/2 and the tire fills the fender well perfect!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have a set of original 15x8 76 to 78 only RamCharger wheels on the rear with 4" backspace with 28x10x15s on my 66 Sport Fury. The only mod I needed to do was trim inner fender well lip back 3/4 of an inch. I have no plans on ever putting the skirts on again, so it's what I did and IMO, the car looks badass! Gives the car that nostalgic look. I'm ordering a set of Nitto NT 555R Drag Radial 275/60R-15's. They are 9"s wide and will be perfect for what I need. So, you'll be safe at either, 4",4 1/2 or even 5" backspacing. There is a lot of room back there on our Fury's. To be honest the 4" backspace looks the best as it brings the tire out that 1/2 and the tire fills the fender well perfect!

Man that DOES look awesome! I have a set of slotted Mopar police rims (15x7) on my 64 Fury vert and they fit well all around. I believe they are a 4" backspace. I love the old school look they give the car, and you can still find these pretty cheap.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah these wheels are common, but are cool wheels too. The ones I have are really hard to come by.

Cool car BTW. Always liked that year, plus it's a B body. You planning on painting it? Car would look great in red or white with the interior it has. Here is my buddy's 64 Sport Fury, AKA, "Balls of Fury". This car is going to Atco this month and will be in MOPAR Muscle again after the test and tune. They rented the track for the day. My buddy Dan Foley is the one who built the cars drive train. Car should be in the 11s now. The car is beautiful.

image.jpg

that looks bad ***...now I have a good idea of how to go with my convert to give that street muscle look...

that looks bad ***...now I have a good idea of how to go with my convert to give that street muscle look...

Thank you! Your car will look badass..!! I'm going with a set of Torque thrusters for the front that will be 15x7 with a 3 1/2 backspace. The tires will be black walls.

We are picture freaks here, so when you get a chance, please post up some pics of your car.

That's how she sits right now...but I'm going to hunt down some wheels and give her a little more attitude

IMG_3461.jpg

Wow, cool car man! First thing ya gotta do is ditch the skirts. For now, spray the wheels gloss black and keep the trim rings on. Will look much better IMO. What drive train does it have? That is a Sport Fury? Looks to be with the buckets! Very cool..!

Yea I ditched the skirts...I'm running a 383/727 with 3.55's...I just put on a powerjection unit...still working out some fueling issues with the new FI but should be done this week...and yes it's a sport with the buckets...I think when I get the new tires I'm going with the white letter outside...

Yea I ditched the skirts...I'm running a 383/727 with 3.55's...I just put on a powerjection unit...still working out some fueling issues with the new FI but should be done this week...and yes it's a sport with the buckets...I think when I get the new tires I'm going with the white letter outside...

Wow that sounds interesting! Can you take some pics of the motor with the new EFI please and post. White letter tires are going to look great on your car. I was going to go with NITTO NT555R DRAG RADIALS, but I think I'm going to stick to Hoosiers. They have a prostreet tire,..plus I like their big letters on the tires. Just for the rear, fronts will be black walls, but that's just me and my car is not at all stock. I have a lot of mods on this car to make it all business on the street for a big girl..!!

I'm shooting for this by next Summer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7EJ4wxxtg

Last edited:
Back