White wall Tires for C-Bodies

I scour craigslist and the swap meets....last year purchased 5, p23575r15 with the 1 5/8" wider white wall from a swap space. They came from a Cadillac with a couple thousand miles on them and the car was totaled out. I got him down to $275 for all five. On my '59 Imperial the 9.50-14 wide white wall tires are 25 years old and no dry rot etc. I don't want to push it much more and considering four new ones but at $238 each for bias plies....Ouch

I wont surrender these tires until they're done. They need us to keep replacing tires otherwise they're out of business

Yup, C bodies ,in general, need white walls...they just look "wrong" without them. There are very few that can pull off the RWL look.

Back when I was young and didn't know any better, I put L78 white letter tigerpaws on my 69 300 convertible. I thought it was pretty cool at the time, but thinking back....... Naaaa. Later, I got a really nice set of nearly new Uniroyal Royal Seals from a guy that took them off a Caddy. I bought them based on price at the time, but they looked a lot better.

I just bought Cooper Trendsetter SE's for the Imp, $497 out the door.

image.jpg

Last edited:
The next question is what do you think about valve stems on road wheels? Would you use a short or long black rubber standard valve stem? The chrome sleeved type? Or an aluminum two piece machined type?

I'll be going thru the same questions when its time for my new tires too...don't know about road wheels on my car would look as good as they would on NYB's car.

FCBO COMMANDMENT #1:

Road Wheels look great on all C-bodies except Slabbies.
Where have you been, Gary.
We've discussed this.

You mixed that up with Commandoment 1 or is it Commandoment I ?

Back