Why when it gets cold?

70bigblockdodge

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_20141120_170811_146.jpgWhy is it whenever it gets cold does stuff like this decide to quit. Monday afternoon just as I am ready to pull out after delivering coils to a place in Cleveland Oh. turn key hit the button ..... Nothing a few wacks and cursing later it starts and so goes the rest of my week sometimes it starts sometimes it doesnt. Today also in the twenties it decides to quit for good, get a pull start and leave it run the rest of the day, I was hoping to milk this out till sat (little warmer) now I'm bench pressing this damn thing over my head.

IMG_20141120_170811_146.jpg

Last edited:
Be glad you can fix it yourself. I just heard on the radio that 49% can't change a tire, and 1% don't know how to put gas in a car.

Yeah that damn thing is twice as heavy in the cold, good news is fixed a oil leak behind the starter I think that gets me down to a even dozen LOL. I built the truck out of three, I can handle a starter but the cold sucks. Also not missing a day of work.

Look at that cute little itsy bitsy socket wrench. I've never seen one so small..... Oh, wait.

Sorry to hear of your pain.

Yeah it was nine when went by the bank sign Tue am at 4:30 the mill is heated but damn those chains are cold even with gloves and its not even Thanksgiving.

Your own trailer. That's great. No hooking up to a trailer parked covered in slush and then have the temp drop to zero....

Posted via Topify on Android

One of my favorite memoriez waz when I'd idle all nite in ah truck stop somewhere like in Moose Fart, Montana or some other garden spot in the middle of January and I'd boogie out at first lite and when I'd just about hit the end of the interstate on ramp it waz time to split to the 2nd set on the 13 spd. and it wouldn't split. It waz soo bloody cold that nite of more then one that even the water separator had frozen and stopped working and there I'd sit dead stopped on the side of the big road some where usually between 12' and 14.6' wide and even the 4 wheelerz know there ain't that much sholder! Any of you guyz carry ah can of air dry or alcohol, hypodermic needle and syringe, and an elf size open end wrench to disconnect the air linez at the splitter and squirt some juice down those little plastic linez to break it loose so you could get on down the road. BTW guyz, that 13 spd waz one ah them single 3 way splittez at the knob. Jer

In the early years, I carried a dime so I could use a pay phone to call my dispatcher collect and say Come get me.
In the middle years I searched for a pay phone to call an 800# to the dispatcher and say Come get me.
In the last years, I simply whipped out my cell phone and called an 800# to the dispatcher and say Come get me.

Posted via Topify on Android

Damn Stan when I first started reading that I thought you were going to take the dime and use it to block the air to a leaky brake diapham, cage it and continue on. I always liked dragging a container into the rail yard like that then snatch my vise grips off the hose and my cage bolt off the chamber, then the jockey would come by and couldn't build air in it or move it. Hahaa. Dropping and hooking sounds like the easiest job in trucking until the day when brakes are frozen air valves are frozen, doors are frozen, tires are flat landing gear is stuck, bent, only has low gear, I'm glad to only pull one trailer.

Back