Woodward dream cruise and Moparfest.

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am headed to the Woodward cruise on Aug 17th then heading to the Moparfest in Kitchiner/New Hamburg Ont for the Saturday and Sunday. I am taking Tux my 73 Imperial for the drive.
Anyone else going to the show or shows?
I am thinking that I may have to drop Woodward from the roster. Each day I am hit with more requests for help and I still have this orphan 73 GTX killing my shop space just waiting on parts. Tux is also feeling under the weather, but I will drive Tux to Moparfest.

Last edited:
I'm considering this show. A friend told me its about a 3 hr ride from Detroit... Does that sound right? He also said the show is bigger on Sunday than Saturday?

I am thinking that I may have to drop Woodward from the roster. Each day I am hit with more requests for help and I still have this orphan 73 GTX killing my shop space just waiting on parts. Tux is also feeling under the weather, but I will drive Tux to Moparfest. I really don't want to miss out on the morning swap meet at Moparfest even if it is small. I have bought some great items at the swap for great Canadian prices. I bought my Distributor machine at that swap for a great price, good thing I had my wagon that year.

IMG_5435.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else doing Moparfest this weekend? I had to cancel Woodward from teeth grinding.

I will have both my '66 Chryslers at Moparfest on Saturday. I attend every year. My brother will have his white '66 NYer Town Sedan there too.
This was part of our club line-up from last year. The "Mopar MadMen".

IMG_4895.JPG

I was there today. It's about an hour drive for me. Earlier in the year I was hoping to have my Monaco there, but I never got around to prepping the car for the road this year. But I went, walked around for a couple of hours, a lot of walking, I was looking for other '67 / '68 Monaco's or Polara's, I saw 2 '68 HT's and 1 '67 convertible Polara. If there was an organized FCBO group there, I didn't see them. Did not see CBARGE blue Monaco.

I spent probably more time then I should have at the vendors, looking for stuff I can use. I did buy an arm rest and the bezel for a single power window switch.

I got there somewhat late - about 11:30 and drove right to the off-site parking lot because I figured show-field parking would be a zoo, even if my 2001 300m was more deserving to be on the field then a lot of other cars and trucks that ended up there. And you know, I saw none, zero, 300m's on the show field.

And ya know, this being the first time I've been to MoparFest in 20 years, I don't think I'll put any effort to go in the future, even with my Monaco. If there's nobody there you know, it's no fun, there's no point.

I talked with so many people today at the show. I had a great time, going back Sunday with my wagon. Tux's water pump let go on the way home, looks like puke all over my nice engine compartment. Going to be days of cleaning. Uugghh.

IMG_7531.JPG

I have returned from day two of Moparfest. It was a good show as usual, great quality cars, and I was able to grab some good deals in the swap.
My phone was very low on battery as it did not charge over night, so I have limited photos.

IMG_4408.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_4412.jpeg

IMG_4410.jpeg

IMG_4419.jpeg

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

IMG_4423.jpeg

IMG_4420.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

After 12 years of attending Moparfest, I can honestly say this year wasn't what it has been. To the point where I won't be booking the time off next year, I'll take that vacation time and do Carlisle instead.

More daily drivers on the show field then I think I've ever seen, and I don't mean the LX cars, I mean the rusty avengers and etc. Half the vendor spaces were empty, those that did show up the prices were inflated far beyond reason for the same parts I've been walking by for 12 years.

My 2 cents worth, for $50 I'll save my money.

I want to save the 64 Imperial. It is for sale on facebook. I asked him to bring the car to the show, he promises it won't be derbied and is open to offers. He started at $15000, I think he will come much lower.

IMG_4383.jpeg

I agee on prices of some crap being a mortgage payment type pricing. Also Yes on too many driver cars and new pick up trucks. I still enjoy the show and will continue to go.
The water pump let go on Tux during the return home trip on the death highway 401. I stopped to check the smell and the source, When I found that it was the water pump I continued on.
I have a pump in stock, think I should use it?

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4431.jpeg

IMG_4432.jpeg

IMG_4433.jpeg

I want to save the 64 Imperial. It is for sale on facebook. I asked him to bring the car to the show, he promises it won't be derbied and is open to offers. He started at $15000, I think he will come much lower.

View attachment 612168
I've been watching this car for a bit. Didn't see it Saturday, must have been there today. If I didn't have a bathroom reno to finish I'd be more interested, if it's still available once I've filled my coffers back up, I may be calling about it.
I agree about the daily drivers. I don't care that you overspent on a 30 year old E class chassis, even if it has 700hp. I did like that they tried to keep them all together, so you could just avoid the area.
And between the two $75k cars and the $50k shell in the swap meet area, we couldn't figure out what was more humorous.
I will go again, a buddy and I make it an annual thing, it's a good mental break. The good thing about going there in a C body, is it seems in a sea of modern cars, B bodies and A bodies, cars like ours stand out. I'm drawn to the C bodies, the fargos, old dodge trucks, pre 60' cars, F, M and J bodies and other odd ball cars

Last edited:
I've been watching this car for a bit. Didn't see it Saturday, must have been there today. If I didn't have a bathroom reno to finish I'd be more interested, if it's still available once I've filled my coffers back up, I may be calling about it.
I agree about the daily drivers. I don't care that you overspent on a 30 year old E class chassis, even if it has 700hp. I did like that they tried to keep them all together, so you could just avoid the area.
And between the two $75k cars and the $50k shell in the swap meet area, we couldn't figure out what was more humorous.
I will go again, a buddy and I make it an annual thing, it's a good mental break. The good thing about going there in a C body, is it seems in a sea of modern cars, B bodies and A bodies, cars like ours stand out. I'm drawn to the C bodies, the fargos, old dodge trucks, pre 60' cars, F, M and J bodies and other odd ball cars
When ever I went back to Tux to get a drink, I couldn't get away from Tux with all the questions about the history, paint, size etc...I meet some nice people with Tux. Brought me to FCBO.

Back