1960 Dodge Phoenix Brake Conversion

dsmike

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a brake conversion kit our there for this 1960 dodge phoenix? Seems like they make them for everything but the "C" body.

Check with SSBC, they make a disc conversion kit for my 63 Imperial. I never thought it was available to buy new until a member here recommended it to me. I can try and find their website for you.

If you want to go second hand, since the lower control arm in a 1960 phoenix is close to what the 74 and later mopars use, you might be lucky there, I would certainly check out a parts car and do some measurements.

Does anyone know if there is a brake conversion kit our there for this 1960 dodge phoenix? Seems like they make them for everything but the "C" body.
Just saw this thread and thought I would breathe life back into it.

Did you find what you were looking for?

I'm curious as well.

I have a 60 Desoto that I would like to do disc brakes on, and while the conversion kits are popular I happen to like retrofitting OE when I can for all the reasons discussed in other threads both here and at the FL site.

I've heard rumors that there is a combination of OE parts that will work on the 60 cars . . .

Gregg

I have the AAJ brakes kits installed on both my 62 Chrysler and my 58 Plymouth Suburban. On the 62 300, I went with his 4 wheel disc kit. On the 58 Suburban, I went with just the front kit.
The lockheed brake system that Mopar used on the foward look cars has really not stood the test of time. The disc upgrade improves stopping power alot and any pulling was completely eliminated. I highly recommend a disc brake conversion to anyone who drives their old cars

Back