SOLD 1970 Chrysler 300 cheap! (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

furyfinn

Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Chrysler 300

1970 Chrysler 300 - $800 (PAHRUMP)

Very nice dry car, factory bucket seats. This was the performance "Big Car". These are also the cars Hurst performance used in 1970. Very rare cars, engine is missing, but otherwise a complete car. This came equipped with the 375 hp 440 magnum engine. Clear Nevada Title

00t0t_djwJ0J2vWMp_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_az9Y3Bjs6iU_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_8OkhRDllk0k_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_leK5komQSQh_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_ltQLXu3QwKG_1200x900.jpg

00606_7UUIEr8TJCq_1200x900.jpg

01414_kMu5pq7u0hF_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_8Y1dwgesbSB_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_cSipqnXdX5G_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_22qfyVDrjLI_1200x900.jpg

Go get before derby guys, put a BB in it, little elbow grease and off you go!

That´s a plain Jane because the steering wheel is "only" the rim blow version, the engine may have been a U-code power plant and the roof seems to have had a vinyl top, but that´s it. This one would be better as restoration project than a derby car.

Last edited:
That´s a plain Jane because the steering wheel is the rim blow version, the engine may have been a U-code power plant and the roof seems to have had a vinyl top, but that´s it. This one would be better as restoration project than a derby car.
I don't know as I would call it a "plain Jane". I see cornering lights, 8 track (I Think), A/C, rim blow. Yea, no power seats or windows, but most people didn't buy all that stuff back then.

10 years ago I would have bought it and made it whole but not anymore...............even though I still could.

It looks like a former really nice car, crimson with a white vinyl top and a reasonable number of options. A rim blow wheel was an extra cost option, and therefore wouldn't suggest plain jane.

I would take a burned out interior of a Nevada car all day long with no rust compared to a mint interior but rusty midwest or east coast car.................

I am pretty sure I bought a couple 1965 300Ls from that same seller probably 10 years ago. He finds a lot of mopar desert rats from time to time.

I called the guy out of curiousity about some things.

The automatic transmission is missing, the a/c compressor is missing, and it has drum brakes.

It did have a white vinyl top.

He said he has a likely buyer supposed to send him funds by Paypal this afternoon, and a backup buyer if the first guy flakes out. So at least it isn't likely to go to a derby guy.

Did we not see this one a few years ago with a big write up on getting it from the original owner & trucked to the new owner?

This car would look so great when done...

Red with white interior is hard to beat. If it were mine, I'd be tempted to go with a red vinyl top instead of the original white, but it would take a lot of thought and staring at the car before I made that decision.

That´s a plain Jane because the steering wheel is "only" the rim blow version, the engine may have been a U-code power plant and the roof seems to have had a vinyl top, but that´s it. This one would be better as restoration project than a derby car.

I never knew that the deciding factor of a "plain jane" was the steering wheel .

I never knew that the deciding factor of a "plain jane" was the steering wheel .

Not only that. I also was looking at the manual seats and door locks, lack of a factory-installed RH outside mirror, no cruise control, etc.

The steering wheel, engine and the vinyl top are admissions I gave to those with different thoughts and I didn´t see more before @Big_John notified some.

So now the list is as follows:

cornering lights
vinyl top
U-code engine
rim blow steering wheel
eight track player
A/C

The 300 is not totally plain, but one cannot say that car has a bunch of options.
All in all, I stay on the "plain Jane" side, but I won´t force anybody to think anything else in case the opinions are different.

My choice of term seems to be strict, but it is in no way negative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back