1970 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron 4dr HT

Vinyl only looks good on top of the record player.

I dig hardtops too. After 40+ years vinyl just wears out on most cars if it has not been constantly looked after. The hardtop just looks "natural".

I figure if I replace my vinyl top now.......it'll still be looking perfect when my time is up.

Well slap me thrice and hand me to me mama, don't that beat all. Thanks Carsten. So want does 8.250 EUR equate to in American greenbacks? I love Imperials they are just massive cars.

Those photos show it as possibly being still here...

Ebay
18hp8x.jpg

33dgu29.jpg

Last edited:
I first heard the word as a wee youngster at a family reunion from blood relatives I did not know I had ties with (up until then).

car is defintely over here, it has dutch inspection.
Just learned that I know the owner, he has a 69 Imp 4dr, too but this one needs to go because he found a chrysler 300 he prefers more

Carsten

All the nice Chryslers seem to be always across the frickin ocean or on their way these days. Not THAT long ago I found my first Imperial in a regular "for sale" ad in a local newspaper, about 5 mi from where I lived at the time. I almost tripped over it.

Good point, Instead of dealing with local car guys reading the local For Sales in a local bargain hunter mag from the 7-11, you're competing with world wide speculators.

Posted via Topify on Android

the dutch guy isn't a speculator.
He has his 69 Imp since many years.
Bought the 70 as an addition but now found a 300 he "needs" to have. Because he can't afford them all he is selling the 70 Imp again.

Nothing wrong with that.

Carsten

I don't know. Yah, maybe he sounds like a regular guy but I'm having a little bit of trouble dipping into my sympathy stash. I meter it out with an eye dropper.
Nobody overseas is crying a river for Americans. Empathize? Maybe. But not crying.

Last edited:
I don't know. Yah, maybe he sounds like a regular guy but I'm having a little bit of trouble dipping into my sympathy stash. I meter it out with an eye dropper.
Nobody overseas is crying a river for Americans. Empathize? Maybe. But not crying.

what is "crying a river for Americans"?
The translation of the single words doesn't make sense to me?

Back