1970 Monaco 37k mile orig. 440 -350hp highly optioned incl. Super Lite $10,500 near Phila, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep my licenses active, I also moonlight as a handyman/painter.

I am so picturing you as this attorney...

image.jpeg

Calm down people I am bying it. ;)
I think the price is fair ( hope there is not hidden things but the pics are quite clear ) and the most funny is that I will add 3.000$ to get it to France. And 2000 more for the repairs to get everything working and bench repaired.
But we wil all agree : I am not happy to pay so much shipping costs but I have no choice.

Choice was between the 67 4 speed plymouth or this monaco. I choose the monaco. If the plymouth still for sale in some months i'll buy it too for sure.

It is great to learn a lot of thing on a car thanks to you people that know it or saw it in the streets.
I admit that I do not understant the debate on the value of this car when I see the other 71 black monaco from another thread and erveryone seems to agree on it.
These type of cars are common to you, we have exactly the sames debates here in France about citroen CX for exemple, car that you can buy for 500$ ( I get some for free too ) and now danish people or swedish are buying them all because they are very fun car but no value here.
Some years ago I missed a 68 charger for 16.000$ and everyone told me at this time that it was too expensive, that it was not it's real value.. now good luck to find another. When I started to have Us cars, I missed a 8000€ Dodge coronet 70 because I thought it was too expensive.. good luck again to find another one too.
This monaco is worth the money, it has everything : coupe, BB 440, cool stuf ( superlite, AC, eletric things, dual exhaust, Suregrip ) the paint and body are nice, ready to drive.

let me know if you are interested in the 1967 Fury III.

The car is known as the 444 in certain MoPar groups.

I used to own it,...it is a good car. You would be happy shifting gears in a full size C-body,...trust me it is quite fun. It totally changes the driving experience!!!!

Congratulations with your new Dodge!!!

let me know if you are interested in the 1967 Fury III.

The car is known as the 444 in certain MoPar groups.

I used to own it,...it is a good car. You would be happy shifting gears in a full size C-body,...trust me it is quite fun. It totally changes the driving experience!!!!

Congratulations with your new Dodge!!!

Hi, yes i am bu I can't buy it now.
I have to wait till next summer i think. ;)

I think the price is fair ( hope there is not hidden things but the pics are quite clear ) and the most funny is that I will add 3.000$ to get it to France. And 2000 more for the repairs to get everything working and bench repaired.
But we wil all agree : I am not happy to pay so much shipping costs but I have no choice.

Choice was between the 67 4 speed plymouth or this monaco. I choose the monaco. If the plymouth still for sale in some months i'll buy it too for sure.

It is great to learn a lot of thing on a car thanks to you people that know it or saw it in the streets.
I admit that I do not understant the debate on the value of this car when I see the other 71 black monaco from another thread and erveryone seems to agree on it.
These type of cars are common to you, we have exactly the sames debates here in France about citroen CX for exemple, car that you can buy for 500$ ( I get some for free too ) and now danish people or swedish are buying them all because they are very fun car but no value here.
Some years ago I missed a 68 charger for 16.000$ and everyone told me at this time that it was too expensive, that it was not it's real value.. now good luck to find another. When I started to have Us cars, I missed a 8000€ Dodge coronet 70 because I thought it was too expensive.. good luck again to find another one too.
This monaco is worth the money, it has everything : coupe, BB 440, cool stuf ( superlite, AC, eletric things, dual exhaust, Suregrip ) the paint and body are nice, ready to drive.

congrats..

Maybe I do not understand but I do not agree. Times goes on and cars are more and more rare. especially valuable like this one. Here in France and more in Belgium ( were Us cars were dailys ) you can see the change with wagons. Now there are kept and collected instead of 10 years ago when were all went to cruchers. This will ever be asmall market but the tension is gowing every year since cars get destroyed or not restored.
A good car, well maintened and in good shape will always find a buyer a good price. the value does not goes down as the times passes.

Actually I think you were very smart in your buy. An American car, in France, can be an expensive car to restore given that parts and what not are across an ocean. Obviously, no one in America was jumping on the bandwagon to buy the car at that good price. Luckily, for the owner, the car had another outlet.

As for rare you are right. However, I have always said there is rare and there is "rare". I don't agree that values never go down. These are not gold, diamonds or art which everybody likes and consequently have huge market demand. It is always the market.

Actually I think you were very smart in your buy. An American car, in France, can be an expensive car to restore given that parts and what not are across an ocean. Obviously, no one in America was jumping on the bandwagon to buy the car at that good price. Luckily, for the owner, the car had another outlet.

As for rare you are right. However, I have always said there is rare and there is "rare". I don't agree that values never go down. These are not gold, diamonds or art which everybody likes and consequently have huge market demand. It is always the market.

Cars sold in the U.S. and going to persons in the U.S. as well as those going abroad are a part of the equation for determining a car's value in the price guide at hand in this discussion. You seem to think this seller is just "lucky" that the car sold overseas because the real value is what the guys in the U.S. will pay, and anything sold outside the U.S. is just an abberation. The middle class in the U.S. generally have no extra cash, however, and live mainly on credit with no savings. The value of a car for sale in the U.S. is what it sells for, and it doesn't matter whether it goes to Indiana or to France. In the U.S., the gains from hard work are going to the top - the CEOs and the shareholders, not the workers, while in other countries wealth is more evenly distributed and the health care systems are much smarter than in the U.S. where health insurers and drug providers rip off the public big time through lobbying/bribing politicians that allow this BS. So folks in other countries currently have more disposable income. And that is where the bulk of the better cars are going these days. I know that first hand.

To add to that I haven't seen the car advertised elsewhere. If it had been advertised in a variety of forums and sources then perhaps there is some validity to your thought. To say the market in the U S has spoken is simply not true

Congratulations. I know what you mean. I would love a Citroen SM, if you happen to have one in the way.

To add to that I haven't seen the car advertised elsewhere. If it had been advertised in a variety of forums and sources then perhaps there is some validity to your thought. To say the market in the U S has spoken is simply not true
I have to agree with Steve on the valuation issue, but Dave has a good point. It seems the car never received proper promotion other than this site, so it's difficult to say where it really may have ended up and at what price. It's all in the marketing with these things. The OP also didn't seem to make much on the flip, but the selling effort reflects that, IMO. But, maybe profit wasn't his point, only to find it a good home. At any rate, this one sale cannot be a good test case on C body valuation.

at least the owner bought it and sold it without a loss.

Not bad even though the time of ownership was short

Carsten

Congratulations. I know what you mean. I would love a Citroen SM, if you happen to have one in the way.

Hi, okay I can find that but it depends on what you want to put in.
I can really search if you want be you need to be sure that you want to import it. I saw some SM for sale in the US ( on ebay ) some were ready to drive and other were not in good shape. Or maybe you want to have a " directly from France car ".

Hi, okay I can find that but it depends on what you want to put in.
I can really search if you want be you need to be sure that you want to import it. I saw some SM for sale in the US ( on ebay ) some were ready to drive and other were not in good shape. Or maybe you want to have a " directly from France car ".
I appreciate the offer & might take you up on it sometime in the future. They have gotten expensive in the US if they are stick & restored.

Can you help me to identitfy the bench's cloth type for repro ?
I asked original auto interiors and they sent me some original catalog but i do not find a match...
IMG_2633.jpg

Edit found this on data plate :
H3F8: Trim - High, Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat, Green
EF8: Dark Green Metallic (Dodge), Ivy Green Metallic (Plymouth) Int.

Last edited:
img_2633-jpg.70397

IMG_2736_zpsygeujmce.jpg

You can see that green has a paisley swirl in it... you dont think that Monaco green is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back