1970 Monaco 37k mile orig. 440 -350hp highly optioned incl. Super Lite $10,500 near Phila, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
He told here that he payd $13000,- incl shipping.
About 12000,- euro,s.
He never get that 29000,- ( dream on ).
Maybe 15-16K.

He told here that he payd $13000,- incl shipping.
About 12000,- euro,s.
He never get that 29000,- ( dream on ).
Maybe 15-16K.

Really? that much?

Does anyone ever flipping a car tell the seller they"re gonna flip it? Or do the all BS the seller and say, its the car Ive always wanted

$32,000.00????

idhitit.gif

Last edited:
Really? that much?

Does anyone ever flipping a car tell the seller they"re gonna flip it? Or do the all BS the seller and say, its the car Ive always wanted

I don't think too many say that Dave, it must be a different market over there because around me that car would never bring that kind of money.

Dave

Hum.. flipping a car is selling a car he way you buy it without touching it.
We restore and we sell. We put the money the car need.

No....completely wrong. If you buy a car to resell it regardless of what you do or not do it is called flipping it

I don't think too many say that Dave, it must be a different market over there because around me that car would never bring that kind of money.

Dave
That is a wise thought.
Nice cars are always pricy and as I said earlier, no one wanted it.

I do not have to justify myslef to anyone as I never asked someone to do so. All was clear and I never talked BS with anyone. So some aswers are very mean and wrong.
The market will do the job on the car but this is another market as said above.

We put money on the cars and we sell high because it is a garantie that buyer will keep them and not destroy them. It does not shock you when I put 15K€ in a car restoration so it must not shock you when the car is sold at his higest value.

I will ride that car, but won't keep it for long that is sure. I sold a lot of my cars and it did not made all of this nonsense.

wow..this thread has taken a twist as 65fury440 (and others) have pointed out.

i personally respect all opinions posted so far ... not gonna take any members' "sides" on this one. i understand all the various points of view :).

yes, to me, this car got "flipped". that's a feature of "free" markets so it doesn't bother me in the abstract. its a form of "arbitrage" that many of us use ALL the time in other contexts (our 401Ks, real estate transactions, stock market activity, etc)...nothing "wrong" with it to me.

however, specifically, if this was my car in the first place, I wouldn't sell it to someone if i knew ahead of time (NOT saying that's what happened here) that buyer isn't going to keep it long ..i.e., flip it, or carve it up for parts, etc. That's just me..other people have other views which again i respect.

BUT, i also know that a buyer can do whatever s/he wants after they own it. keep it forever, flip it, let it roll off a cliff into the ocean... practically speaking, its NONE of my business after it no longer belongs to me.

absent any red flags, my OWN personal concerns (i hope they keep it and enjoy it a while) about what happens AFTER i sell it usually does NOT outweigh me making what I thought was a good deal for ME and the BUYER at the time.

So on this particular Monaco, it got a lot of attention and commentary. as documented here it got sold a few months ago between willing buyer and seller I presume, resold again it seems shortly thereafter and after additional investments in it, and will be sold again (several more times perhaps) it appears.

its at a price level well beyond what it would ever have realized in the US market so we may never see it again here unless someone decides to lose a bunch of Euros on it later.

BUT if it lives on and is well taken care of by subsequent owner(s)...i call that a "win" for one of the cars many of us would like to see preserved another 45+ years...even though our views of what's going on with it NOW may vary widely.

Simply bend over, grab your ankles, grit your teeth, and take it hoping the nice gentleman uses lube.
After all, it's just business. Free enterprise, ya know...
Ooooooo... I found a nice Hummel in the second hand store. If hide the chip, I can get good money for it on ebay, I bet.

Last edited:
Simply bend over, grab your ankles, grit your teeth, and take it hoping the nice gentleman uses lube.
After all, it's just business. Free enterprise, ya know...

the "Bear" (free market) is after ALL of "us"..I can't and in fact don't have to outrun the "Bear" .. just gotta outrun "the other guys" as the old joke goes.

the one with the "best" information wins most of the time ... at the expense of those with "less good" information. its the way of things.

yes, "Free Enterprise" means on this day "The World is Yours". Tomorrow? yes, "grab your ankles, you're gonna feel a little pressure".

cant comment precisely on "assuming the position" as it relates to this Monaco. It's in a better place i think (a market where its value has gone up).

off-topic a bit .. your post #154. one smiley "having its way" with another? I just got it. that was hoot! an emoticon for every occasion it seems. i must use that one in non FCBO matters where it fits the circumstances.
:rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back