For Sale 1970 Police Pkg Fury III 4-Door Hardtop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As this was a cruiser of some sort, the VO2 code was probably for doors of a different color than the body. Some agencies paid the extra cost to order their cars in traditional black and whites or other colors and some had the front or both sets of doors painted to the desired color at their motor pool. Depending on the policy of the various agencies, when the vehicles were put up for sale, some painted the doors to match the rest of the body to improve resale pricing others left them as is.

Dave
Not necesarly, could be a simple two tone, roof/body
This was probably a plain wrap car
My Polara has a "Special Mask" on a second plate that probably reflects the door paint, some also had "Special Paint"

The data plate shows two codes...
Burnt Tan Metallic FT6
Sahara Tan Metallic FT3
Also seen on the Broadcast Sheet

Alan

Late to party ..

staying away from any deep discussion whether too many cars (this one included) that show up here get colon dumps by professed lovers of C's. my $0.02 though over five years here does, however, suggest we CAN on occassion be excessively "hard" on what can reasonably be considered "decent" cars.

fury pursuit has a real good bead on this one .. in 30 years of looking, i haven't seen a single '69 Fury III A38 cop rig. i dont claim to have the cop car "search, rescue, and restore" pedigree of many of you do, but I have looked at hundreds of cop rigs over those decades.

IF i was a buyer, i'd need to see underside (condition, how much cop stuff is left) before discussing it further. no title always bugs me personally .. too big a hassle. seized engines (looks like this one might be if its been binge drinking for years through the intake) bother me too, though i often rebuild them anyway i worry that i'll find that dated, "numbered" hard parts (block, head, intakes) cannot be saved. wish it had some "papers" but as noted it appears to have been saved from being recycled so all that stuff is long gone.

$3800 feels a bit tall, but relative rarity gets me easily above $2K. looks alone though indicates it may be really big job to bring back -- but that's always my goal when i buy to try that.

hope it finds a good home

My Polara has a "Special Mask" on a second plate that probably reflects the door paint, some also had "Special Paint"

Burnt Tan Metallic FT6
Sahara Tan Metallic FT3

Alan

Sometimes the roof and doors could also be the same color depending what was ordered. The roof on this car does not have enough paint left to tell if it was a different color. They likely re-painted the whole thing at some point.

Dave

what is the r1? radio on the bottom of the build sheet? lower fenders and quarters look decent. they are usually the first to go. that's why i think it may not be that bad.

No, bottom of fenders and doors look good from this distance. Looks easy to add 20k plus to what ever price it brings.
100_0411.JPG

what is the r1? radio on the bottom of the build sheet? lower fenders and quarters look decent. they are usually the first to go. that's why i think it may not be that bad.

That is an R11 radio, the basic 2 watt AM radio.

Dave

Gentlemen, it’s a V02 car. Two tone paint.

Two colors. It’s on the fender tag.

All two tone cars regardless of make/model have vinyl top trim used for the break line in the paint. As the Fury in question does.

Special Mask would refer to the doors as Alan/MrMoPar stated.

All two tone cars regardless of make/model have vinyl top trim used for the break line in the paint. As the Fury in question does.

:thankyou:

Read a blog somewhere that the scumbag Buy Here/Pay Here dealers are buying bot software to flag the private sales so as to push their own ads into the forefront.

Craigslist Flagging Software | Craigslist Flagging Tools

Gotta LAFF at that one Stan, that scammer still around plying his wares?

search Ripoff report for the many reports going way way back for Craigsflagger.net.

"is a pure scam"

"CL flagger has always been full of it, they are rude liars just looking to make a quick buck"

an on an on...

That’s why I was confused, I thought it was a vinyl top car, thanks for clarifying that.

I don’t believe a radio was available with the A38 package.

And thus, if you wanted one in a fleet vehicle it was (special) ordered. R11

It’s evidence tward this car having not been a Pursuit or Patrol car ever. More likely a Government agency car.

I’m going with FBI

Burnt Tan Metallic FT6
Sahara Tan Metallic FT3

Alan

So I am curious. A lot of the west coast cruisers, black and whites in particular had the roof and doors white and and the rest of the body in agency colors. I get the two tone paint codes on the build tags, so did that also generate another special order tag for special paint? Do not remember seeing that on very many of them. Might have been they had the doors painted by the police equipment installers that did the light bars, radios etc.

Dave

Mine has "Special Mask" "Special Order"
I have the V02 code but both my paint codes are 99 although the black is standard 69 Dodge black, the white was not a standard Chrysler Corp color (55 GM fleet white, probably a carryover from the 55 Buick)

The CHP cars are a standard two-tone with the vinyl top trim, the front door is white but only the door skin, otherwise a black door inside and out (window frame).

Alan

Looking at the pics of the motor, it kind of looks like oil (or something) splattered all over...could the engine have barfed that out?

Looking at the pics of the motor, it kind of looks like oil (or something) splattered all over...could the engine have barfed that out?
That engine hasn’t barfed anything out of either end for quite some time.

The engine maybe free and turning but most likely has some stuck intake valves causing the barfing out of what ever was put down the intake. The splash residue around the engine bay is unusual, maybe they just stood back and tossed a bucket of 'whatever' hoping for the best (it is in the middle of texas ya'kno).

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back