1971 Chrysler Newport Custom 383, rebuilding in Europe

Johnnee D.

Reaction score
Just read the whole thread, what amazing job, great car and good to see you using it with your family! Congratulations!

Unix

Reaction score
Cruisin today because of a break in the weather. Still a lot of dry salt around. Car runs like a dream, covered over 100 miles.

When cruising, not far from my house, I noticed the old dismantled soviet era statue painted in yellow/blue colors of the Ukrainian flag for support to the people of Ukraine. The West doesn't understand what it's like under soviet rule (in Poland we overthrew the government in 1989 and the iron curtain fell, freeom and prosperity followed), so no wonder Ukraine is fighting for freedom and survival. There are over 1,4 million refugees in Poland as we speak, and more coming. At my company there are plenty of people helping with providing aid for the fighting in Ukrainie, food, medicine, first aid kits etc, some of them offering a place to stay for the fleeing people in their own houses. Just in 2 weeks, my daughters classroom accepted 2 new kids from Ukraine to her class alone. Crazy times.

Back to the car, i recently mounted new tires on the back, 255/70/15, nice n' tall. Keep rollin'

20220313_120301.jpg

20220313_172806.jpg

Justin Plant

Reaction score
Fantastic ride! Great car too! Awesome work too, I quietly gripe about the lack of parts and aftermarket support for my car. But, I don't live on the other side of the globe either. I can't imagine. Kudos on the car and keeping it alive with your daughter!

Unix

Reaction score
Thanks!

Since the weather is keeping up, more scenic drives. Went to the desert again for a stroll. Check out this clip, it was filmed recently on the same spot. Polish and Scandinavian company !

Keep rollin' !

IMG-20220320-WA0016.jpg

20220313_140503.jpg

20220218_172407.jpg

Unix

Reaction score

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
Could be any one of the components. Ballast is easiest to check: just jump across it with a wire. I believe there have been some complaints about the reliability of the Proform kits. There's a pretty good chance that the module has failed. Can't overlook the pickup in the distributor or a simple connector problem either.

The easiest way to troubleshoot that system is to substitute known good components until it starts, otherwise you need an oscilloscope to properly test everything.

Jeff

Unix

Reaction score
Could be any one of the components. Ballast is easiest to check: just jump across it with a wire. I believe there have been some complaints about the reliability of the Proform kits. There's a pretty good chance that the module has failed. Can't overlook the pickup in the distributor or a simple connector problem either.

The easiest way to troubleshoot that system is to substitute known good components until it starts, otherwise you need an oscilloscope to properly test everything.

Jeff
Thanks for the tips. Swapped out both the ignition module and ballast resistor. The engine started no problem :) . Guess I'll be having those spares in the trunk, you never know the day ;)