2nd Annual C Body Meet at Volo Auto Museum June 23, 2018

The time sure has gone by quickly since this thread was started back in January.
With only 4 days until the show at Volo, I am glad to see we're still getting notices from new C Body disciples who have found FCBO, and will be planning on attending this weekend's meet.
Many thanks to all that have saved the date for this event, and to everyone who has kept other media outlets up-to-date about the event over the past several months by getting the word out to like-minded C Body enthusiasts.
My plan is to be there be early on Saturday, preparing the registration sign in sheet at the pop up tent.
Be sure to sign in to get your food voucher and to be included in the drawing later in the day.
Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Thanks FCBO.:thumbsup:
sixpkrt

There is no "admission" to this event...
If you wish to go into Volo Museum there is a charge ..
You can find that on their website..
$13 admission to the museum with our discount. I'm going in!

Alrighty...
News Flash....
This is Illinois... ROAD deCONSTRUCTION..
This means all sorts of orange cones and lane reassignment...
For those who are coming by way of RT120 east should turn left at the red
1957 Chevy on the box and follow the road to the right to VOLO MUSEUM.
(direction the white car is coming from)

VOLO120.jpg

I am driving west on 120 when I took pic..
Just a block further east is RT12/ 59 ...
Major deCONSTRUCTION at this intersection...
If you are coming from the north (driving south) on 12/59 turn right where
the sign is before the hot rod on a box...

@Xenon...Since you know the area well, would you be interested in strategically placing the FCBO signs around the area to help steer people around the road construction mess up there to the event?
I made 2 more last night, using my rattle can Chrysler blue.
FCBO Signs.jpg

I'm loaded for bear, got the trunk full, not quite as high in the rear, maybe it'll help with gas mileage. :rofl:

IMG_20180621_113724.jpg

Last edited:
I hope the grassy area we are going to be at is high ground, we've been getting pounded with rain this week. Looking forward to meeting everyone, be careful on the roadtrips!

You must've been reading my mind Blimp. The place we parked last year was on higher ground, but I'm going to take a drive over to Volo in a little while to check the grounds and will report back to this thread in a little while.

I drove by Volo this afternoon to check the grounds so that there won't be any surprises for tomorrows event, especially with all the rain we've had over the past several days.
The area where we will be parking is on high ground, as you'll see from the pics below. (taken about 2 hours ago)
I got out of my car and walked around a bit on the grass, and checked the ground to be sure we wouldn't be sinking into the grass when we park our cars.
Happy to report the grassy area where we park is pretty solid, with the exception of one spot at the bottom of the hill that had some standing water, but there's plenty of dry spaces for 20 to 30 vehicles, maybe more if needed.
The rain has stopped and tomorrow's forecast is reporting cloudy with some sun and a high of 73.
The weather on Sunday is supposed to be nicer. So for those who are going to the Chicagoland Mopar Show in Fox Lake
(which is 5 miles up the road), you can expect another nice day over this weekend to show your car.
See everybody there tomorrow, and thanks for making this event fit into your summer schedules!
Volo 1.jpg
Volo 2.jpg
Volo 3.jpg

I put a post out on some of the facebook groups I've shared the event with asking for a roll call. I'll post the total this evening.

Heyy,, azzhat!!! you forgot to fuzz out yer lic plate.....

Now we all is gonna find you and torture you then put a curse on you....

:rofl:

Dunn you worry Wy,, I dunn gotz you beat this year.... yuppp
Seeing as I am not going to be able to bring the wagon (damn it !!)
I decided to bring this one...

IMPtrl,jpg.jpg

Hasn't seen the light of day for ten years and looks like it....
Hasn't seen wax in about twenty years...
Brought it home to clean up a little yesterday.... The ole truck noticed it was pulling something this time... :) :) :)

No wax on the Monaco either, I'll park with the diamond in the rough crowd

Back