66 fury III 2 door hardtop needs a front end

I removed the speedometer from the car. The mechanism that runs the mph and mileage was totally broken. So I swapped the housings and found that there is a grounding issue for the backlights.

Really weird. I got the speedo backlights to work but after hooking up the speedo cable they no longer work. I am a bit stumped as to how that would short it out.

Well a little progress after some headaches. We had to weld on the passenger door so it had to be removed. After welding we couldn't get the door back on the car. After some convincing we finally got it back together correctly. We have a little bit of grinding to do but we are 95% of the way there on the passenger side. We have to shift the driver side door forward about 1/8 of an inch forward and our gap will be great there.

I also looked at the dash lights again. For some reason the speedo lights would never work. I messed around and got it taken care of. I finally have most of the interior back together. I am going to finish the passenger side tomorrow and the inside will be complete except for the glove box.

Here is my list:

1. Secure MSD to radiator support
2. Remove bondo and weld up the holes
3. Shift driver side mirror to original position and weld accordingly
4. Remove hood and finish welding and start prepping for paint
5. Get other body work ready for paint.

After we figure out what welding we have left, I think this might be a complete repaint. I have some bad touch ups all the way to the rear quarter panel.

I just went back and read through the whole thread again as a refresher course.
What can I say but, Great Job.!

Posted via Topify on Android

I just went back and read through the whole thread again as a refresher course.
What can I say but, Great Job.!

Posted via Topify on Android

Thanks,

I know the car isn't quite your style but I appreciate the encouragement. This forum has been great for all the stupid questions I have. We were bashing our heads trying to figure out why the stupid door was having such issues going back on. Took us 2 days to just get it back to closing. It is on and we are moving forward again. My fingers are crossed that we will be working on paint prep up until the first of the year. I would love to have it primed up by January. I will get some pictures for everyone.

Looking good! Can't wait to see it all painted and back together.

Looking good! Can't wait to see it all painted and back together.

You and me both. Working all day and then working all night on the car is getting old. I will say though that the car work is more rewarding. However I have a boat I have to fix by spring as well.

After standing around looking at the car last night, we have decided it needs a full repaint. There are a lot of imperfections in the current paint job as well as some poor bondo work. We will also be replacing the rear quarter panels around the wheels. We discovered a ton of bondo and have decided to get this done correctly. I would love to just paint the front but I would hate the way the back half looked. A lot more work but it will pay off. Also, does anyone know where I can get this connector? My turn signals plug into it.

I should have a good used one. I'll look.........

After standing around looking at the car last night, we have decided it needs a full repaint. There are a lot of imperfections in the current paint job as well as some poor bondo work. We will also be replacing the rear quarter panels around the wheels. We discovered a ton of bondo and have decided to get this done correctly. I would love to just paint the front but I would hate the way the back half looked. A lot more work but it will pay off. Also, does anyone know where I can get this connector? My turn signals plug into it.

You could also use "weather pack" connectors. I used them on my turn signals. Thought it's not a bad idea to use modern sealed connectors while redoing the cables anyway!
fendermountedturnsignals06.jpg

fendermountedturnsignals06.jpg

After a long 3 weeks away from working on the car we have started back up. Getting the hood ready for primer and also the firewall. Hopefully we are only a couple weeks from priming it.

When I bought the car, the owner had mentioned that the person he purchased it from said he had over $28k into the car. After starting to tear into the rear quarters I believe it was all in bondo work. My god the entire lower quarter is bondo and about 1/4" deep. They did put in a metal plate under the bondo for support but their welding job was absolute crap. So it looks like we will be cutting the quarter panels off the parts car.

I have a beautiful front grill including headlight doors. Don't know what their value is but
I'm willing to sell. I'm in Ontario Canada. 519-657-4837

Back