NOT MINE 69 Monaco convertible for sale $16,000 Nanton Alberta

Keep in mind the information donated to the Hamtramck site is mostly U.S.
Very little information there on Canadian specific models.

I have collected some Canadian sales brochures and other literature which is very hard to come by.
I have shared my findings with Barry Washington and Doug Hammer ( mostly 1968 stuff as noted on their site).
Since I aquired my own 1967 Canadian Monaco 500, I have been researching the Canadian models and their differences compared to American models.
Not a whole lot out there but slowly gathering info.

As mentioned, this car has a Sport Fury interior and red guts could be a Canadian thing since the Monaco 500 convertible was Canadian only model.
Americans got the Polara 500 with same exterior trim and big block as standard powerplant, but different interior.
Ever since I bought my 69 Monaco 500 Convertible (DP27L9) I have also been trying to find any and all information on theses cars with very little success. Very hard to come by probably attributed to the fact that they built and sold only in Canada.

Ever since I bought my 69 Monaco 500 Convertible (DP27L9) I have also been trying to find any and all information on theses cars with very little success. Very hard to come by probably attributed to the fact that they built and sold only in Canada.
Kevin, how many Monaco 500 ' verts were built? You should know since you are on your second one!! Lol!! ( First one a 318 car)

The Fury was available with a red interior correct? The Canadian monaco has the Fury interior , perhaps that IS why. I too have never seen all that red on a Dodge C or that I can recall.
I dont believe I have ever seen a 69 Fury here with a red interior,let alone a Dodge C ?!?? Sure would love to see some pics of one!

The seller is less than friendly.
" no more photos, original engine , yes works been done "

Definetly a 70+ drivers side exhaust manifold.. if thats a 383 Magnum then it would have had the dual snorkel air cleaner I believe. Every 383HP C-body i have ever seen had a dual snorkel air cleaner. my 69 440 Magnum car does have an unsilenced air cleaner. Also missing Monaco grille emblem and Dodge trunk emblem. I agree about losing those wheels. They are too big and the car looks like a 4x4 now.

Kevin, how many Monaco 500 ' verts were built? You should know since you are on your second one!! Lol!! ( First one a 318 car)
1693066690071.png

Good Lord those tires and rims a terrible...and the tips are a close second. It's like a train wreck I can't stop looking at...really detracts from the rest of it. I hope it goes to a good home.

I did a search of the internet and found a number of 69 Monacos without cornering lamps so maybe it was a no cost option or a misprint in the dealer options book for 69.

@ceebuddy 's most excellent fuselage.de website has the 1969 Canadian brochure of senior Dodge cars. Both pictured Monaco 500 are bereft of cornering lights:

1693069993342.png

I've never seen a red interior on a 69/70.

Again, according to the color and trim book in Hamtramck-historical, neither 69 Polaras nor Monacos were offered in Red interior. It could be a Monaco 500 only thing and the price seems fair but this has a few signs that indicate it should be inspected closely if anyone got serious about it IMO.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

The Fury was available with a red interior correct? The Canadian monaco has the Fury interior, perhaps that IS why. I too have never seen all that red on a Dodge C or that I can recall
^THIS

Indeed, the 1969 US-market Fury had a red interior choice: The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1969 Plymouth Color & Trim Book - Fury

yes the canadian monaco 500s used 69 sport fury interiors and red was an option. they were built at Windsor. heres the body tag on mine. mine has a white interior - that was dyed black but i have new white seat 69 sport fury covers from legendary

20171019_201535-1-1.jpg

Back