70 hurst 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/3621983219.html

4 spd?????? I thought they were all AT from the factory. can someone educate me?

They were all Torqueflites from the factory. Maybe Stan put the 4 speed in. I didn't see a picture of the 4 speed.

The 1970 Hurst 300 lacks the single-letter suffix of its forbears and appeared five years after the last Letter Series Chrysler, the 300L. Many automobile historians do not include the Hurst 300 as a Letter Series model. The concept of the car, however, does fit with the Letter Series cars, as it was a high-performance variant of the luxury 300, built with the input of aftermarket parts manufacturer Hurst Performance. Only 501 units are believed to have been built.
The Hurst 300s were all 2-door and shared a white and gold paint scheme similar to the Oldsmobile and Pontiac Hurst models of the day. The scooped hood and trunklid (with a molded spoiler) are both fiberglass. All Hurst 300s had satin tan leather interiors that were straight out of the Imperial and could be had with column- or console-mounted 727 automatics. All came with the 375 hp (280 kW) 440 cu in (7.2 L) 4-barrelTNT V8 engine. Road tests clocked one at 0-60 at 7.1 seconds with the 1/4 mile in 15.9 seconds. "Not bad for a 4,100 lb (1,900 kg) aircraft carrier", they claimed.
Of the 501 units sold, one convertible is documented having been used as a Hurst promotional car and another is believed to have been dealer equipped with a 426 cu in (7.0 L) Hemi, also, a convertible.

they were all automatics, no 4-speed fuseys have been built unfortunatly

Either aftermarket 4spd or seller doesn't have a clue. Likely latter given asking price for a major project car. Good luck finding someone that can repair the delaminated hood.

They are discussing this on the Dock too. Its peculiar how many guys there have no clue these days , what a tragedy

I might go for a visit just to watch

I am, I was talking about going over to the dock to watch Stan get in on the discussion about 4spd C's.

There is still knowledge over there but where were they ten or fifteen years ago? All the new blood keeps me away

but "new blood" can help rise the interest in C-bodys.
Any enthusiast is good, it keeps cars away from the crusher or derby guys.
If they are newbies: They need help and support.

but "new blood" can help rise the interest in C-bodys.
Any enthusiast is good, it keeps cars away from the crusher or derby guys.
If they are newbies: They need help and support.
Bingo.....couldn't have said it any better. The "old timers" are not going to be around forever.

C Body Dry dock is not worth the aggravation. If the young bloods need help and support then they should listen to those with experience instead of making ignorant claims and attacking those with the knowledge.

ok, but the "old" should be a little bit patient, too.
We all have been young and did stupid things, didn't we?

C Body Dry dock is not worth the aggravation. If the young bloods need help and support then they should listen to those with experience instead of making ignorant claims and attacking those with the knowledge.
When they're effen RUDE back at you, then my mentoring stops right there and then..
ok, but the "old" should be a little bit patient, too.
We all have been young and did stupid things, didn't we?
I did lots of really stupid things. I was never rude to those that took the time with me to explain something.
Lil POS wants to get rude with me? I'll show him rude! Right back atcha, azzhole. Now go F***it up some more without my help.

Last edited:
I was never rude, too.
But I learned to live here on the board with rudeness sometimes. And I am still here :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back