78 T&C Resto starts today - with removing roof rack and trim...

That bend makes them wagon only. Preserve the tangs you have left as best you can, because you have to re-use them.
A couple have the bottom left, two have the top left and two are whole. The end caps bolt down so I just get by given this will not be subjected to regular daily use over the years.

In looking at it, it looks like you would undo the end caps, push up on the main panel ( compressing the tines on the bottom), rotate it back off the top of the clip and let it fall off down the door. I will try that on my other wagon.

A couple have the bottom left, two have the top left and two are whole. The end caps bolt down so I just get by given this will not be subjected to regular daily use over the years.

In looking at it, it looks like you would undo the end caps, push up on the main panel ( compressing the tines on the bottom), rotate it back off the top of the clip and let it fall off down the door. I will try that on my other wagon.

Re-install with what remains of the clips + double sided tape between clips. That adds just a slight amount of extra tension and it prevent metal-topaint contact which typically starts corrosion.

It's what I did when reintalling trim on my RMB after removing it to pop tiny rust zits, rust bullet then some semi-matching paint.

IMG_20161106_162740.jpg

When my parents bought a 77 Gran Fury wagon in 1978 it did not have a roof rack, big sticking point for my dad, the gave him a factory roof rack kit in a box and he and I installed it. The anchor screws at the corners installed in a insert much like the drywall insert mention but I think more like a aluminum/potmetal masonry insert, I think you ran a hex head bolt into it to swell and secure it then mounted the rack with the taper head flush Phillips screws. I do not remember it hitting any cross bracing and you had to be careful not to push drill bit through very far or headliner would get a hole in it.

Back