An A12 story

Glad you made it back, Will. I'm not sure I can even imagine what it might have felt like to make it back home. And to actually purchase an A12 car after returning. That's just icing on the cake.

On a side note, it appears there may have been a Dodge A12 commercial. Did you ever happen to see it? Has anyone seen it?

Super_Bee_Commercial_2.jpg
WOW......! Thats interesting. I have never seen or heard about a TV ad. The A12 Road Runner ad appeared in the March 69 issue of "CARS" magazine. The Super Bee ad was an inside back cover ad, I think in Hot Rod magazine but could be wrong.

So Will, Why do you no longer have this car...?

No. I put 27K miles on it in two years, then sold it. I had some p.t.s.d issues and prioritys changed, wasen't thinking straight.
This car has not turned up in the "lift off hood" registry yet, although I have reason to believe it may still exist and is stashed somewhere.
I have owned a couple other A12 cars since. A Super Bee and another Road Runner. Sold the Bee to buy the Road Runner, which I kept for about 12 years and then sold. It's up in Ohio yet.

six pack BEE.JPG
Alpine white 6BBL.JPG

No. I put 27K miles on it in two years, then sold it. I had some p.t.s.d issues and prioritys changed, wasen't thinking straight.
This car has not turned up in the "lift off hood" registry yet, although I have reason to believe it may still exist and is stashed somewhere.
I have owned a couple other A12 cars since. A Super Bee and another Road Runner. Sold the Bee to buy the Road Runner, which I kept for about 12 years and then sold. It's up in Ohio yet.

View attachment 111855 View attachment 111856
I wonder how many folk's resumes include 3 A12 cars, one as the original purchaser? You are a great asset to this place, but for so many other reasons... the cars just add to your standing on the "you suck" list.

I may be wrong, but it's possible the (alpine?) White Road Runner was featured in an issue of Muscle Cars of the 60s/70s with the new owner, did you happen to sell it around the mid 90s ?

I may be wrong, but it's possible the (alpine?) White Road Runner was featured in an issue of Muscle Cars of the 60s/70s with the new owner, did you happen to sell it around the mid 90s ?
I sold it in the late 90's. It was a numbers matching special order car. Pretty well equipped for an A12. A 4 speed, bucket seat & console car. The original owner was from the Down River Detroit Michigan area. I remembered seeing it in a Big Boy restaurant that I spent a lot of time at. The only other one besides mine that I remember seeing in the area when new.
There was one on the showroom floor at a dealer near me but I never saw it on the street. Never saw one on Woodward or Telegraph road either.

Back