Another 66 back on the road

Reaction score
IMG_0431.PNG

IMG_0428.PNG
After a looong hibernation, the old girl is back on the road and has been racking up the miles. I've a 66 2dr hardtop Newportthat spun a rod bearing about 5yrs ago and wound up getting pushed around my driveway without an engine until a friend contacted me about selling his 440. Iquickly stuffed the big lump in the car, got her running, then bought a house and she got stuffed in the garage for a few years. This winter I'd finally had enough, and I got busy making her roadworthy once again. I plan on posting some pics(as soon as Iremember how to upload them) I snapped of the work in progress along with some explanations of what Ive done and how. Thanks to all of you for the seemingly unlimited info offered up here and for the inspiration to get my damn car back on the road. You've all been a tremendous help.
G

Nice Slappy. I love the firing order. I scribble timing marks & such on the body of my junk all the time. Ride height on the fender etc.

Nice Slappy. I love the firing order. I scribble timing marks & such on the body of my junk all the time. Ride height on the fender etc.

I saw that right away as well. That was a rare factory option wasn't it?:lol:

Alrighty..
Now that everyone is done with the congrats and looking good stuff...
Get a damn bucket of elbow grease out and clean that ***** up !!!!!
A clean car is a happy car...
A happy car make a happy slappy .....
:rofl:

Great car, love it! I'd say one of the next things on your priority list is shown below.
IMG_3172.PNG

Yes, I'm a scribbler. I need reminders of stuff to keep from doing things wrong, or just forgetting. And yes, there's a brake upgrade in the immediate future, so there was an honest reason for me skipping over the master cylinder area when I painted under the hood.

Back