Anyone know this NYB??

Sorry Jeff, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. That could happen, but only if he was driving it on the truck doing 40, and the tranny was searching for the next shift point.
He shouldn't have to mess with the setup of where it's at, just to adjust the carb, or to pull it for that matter. It's not like he's swapping to an Eddy.
Hopefully the guy isn't going to take it for a joy ride ala Ferris Beuller. Lol
He's just loading it on the truck.
I had mine off a whisker on my '67 when I installed the Eddy. Shifted funny and had to reset it according to the FSM directions. No harm no foul. I wouldn't drive it to Florida like that, but just loading it on the truck won't hurt anything.
John's got enough on his plate to worry about... no need to wind him up even more:poke:

I have the worlds worst family members when it comes to taking care of or repairing vehicles. As most of you know, I was in the military my whole adult life and had to fix family members cars from the other side of the country and at times the other side of the world. I have called AAP and/or AZ and talked to the Commercial Manager about their most reliable commercial shop. These guys are in business to make money and take care of customers. I've had excellent results numerous times. I have a guy that has his own shop by my brothers house and now my brother just calls him when he has a problem. My brother stills calls me....LOL.

Update: The mobile mechanic called me today and stated the carburetor, a holly 750 double pump, was leaking around the base plate and the Excelerator pump. Mentioned that the carburetor looked to be an older one. So he and I agreed that he’s just going to replace it with an Eddie 1406. Since it was late this afternoon, he’s going to go back Monday with a new carburetor install it and take the car for a test drive. He’s also going to do a full fluid check a Quick mechanical evaluation. I’d rather have a trained eye on it than trust the previous owners guesses... that was $600 parts and labor I hadn’t planned on, but it gives me peace of mind that she’ll arrive here running and driving in one piece.

Make sure he gets the proper adaptor for the throttle, if necessary. And since he is changing it, like Jeff said, now he WILL have to set the kick down properly so the the trans doesn't shift erratically and get damaged.

Update: The mobile mechanic called me today and stated the carburetor, a holly 750 double pump, was leaking around the base plate and the Excelerator pump. Mentioned that the carburetor looked to be an older one. So he and I agreed that he’s just going to replace it with an Eddie 1406. Since it was late this afternoon, he’s going to go back Monday with a new carburetor install it and take the car for a test drive. He’s also going to do a full fluid check a Quick mechanical evaluation. I’d rather have a trained eye on it than trust the previous owners guesses... that was $600 parts and labor I hadn’t planned on, but it gives me peace of mind that she’ll arrive here running and driving in one piece.

:thumbsup:

Better than ending up with a Car- B-Q!

Sorry Jeff, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. That could happen, but only if he was driving it on the truck doing 40, and the tranny was searching for the next shift point.
He shouldn't have to mess with the setup of where it's at, just to adjust the carb, or to pull it for that matter. It's not like he's swapping to an Eddy.
Hopefully the guy isn't going to take it for a joy ride ala Ferris Beuller. Lol
He's just loading it on the truck.
I had mine off a whisker on my '67 when I installed the Eddy. Shifted funny and had to reset it according to the FSM directions. No harm no foul. I wouldn't drive it to Florida like that, but just loading it on the truck won't hurt anything.
John's got enough on his plate to worry about... no need to wind him up even more:poke:
What I was referring to was the tendency I've seen, where an amateur simply leaves it disconnected. The adapter isn't included in the kit.

Well!! Part of the car showed up today. LOL now I’m just waiting on the rest of it.

29E1D040-FAD8-4632-BC1E-9C55209E973A.jpeg

Title seems pretty bare bones... no color, no weight, no gvw...exempt in the wrong line.... must have a bunch of real beauties working there and P4T.... Whatever that is...

Title seems pretty bare bones... no color, no weight, no gvw...exempt in the wrong line.... must have a bunch of real beauties working there and P4T.... Whatever that is...
Pretty much eye dentical to Arizona's titles. Just the facts.

On purpose. If it was in person I would've pointed at my eye when I said it. Guess the joke doesn't translate well to the computer.

How's your guy making out with carb transplant John?
What a pain in the Balls this has been.. he just called me today and said he’s ordered the Carb from 3 different shops to see which one comes in first. 2 of them said “1 day turnaround” and that was 3 days ago. So! I’m still waiting..........

Congrats on the official ownership!!! Usually arrives after the car in my experience.
I ask the previous owner to mai it right away so I had it in hand.. I knew the car would take a couple weeks or more as it now seems.. I’m still excited though.

What are they ordering? Eddie 1406?

All of the AAP's have them sitting on the shelf in the store.

Back