Anyone know this NYB??

Since I’m going to register her with vintage plates like my current, I was thinking these: I could call her “Jackie”
View attachment 236771Or! If the color had been FK5! These would have worked.
View attachment 236772
But it’ll be Vintage plates either way.

Is there a CertiCard with this car? Or did Chrysler stop providing them by the time this car was built?

Hmmm, don’t know Rip.. I’d imagine if it had one, it’s gone. But I’ll check when she shows up.

The certi-card for my '66 was still there in the slot provided for it on the radiator support. The first owner's first name is "Gladys." I guess I'm gonna name the car "Gladys."

The seller just sent me a picture of the Data plate: give it to me straight Johnny!! Could one of you fine gentlemen give me a breakdown please??

View attachment 236425

M51 Sunroof, Electric
N94 ESA W/Cat/con 75/up
K5X Body Side Moldings W\Vinyl
G25 Vent Windows, Manual
K7X Body Side Stripe
P51 Power Steering
M45 Fender Skirts (in Fuselage)
P31 Power Windows
P41 Power Door Locks
N88 Automatic Speed Control
G63 Mirror, Remote Control Right
V1W Full Vinyl Top
H53 Air Conditioning W/Autotemp
L81 Door Ajar Indicator Lamp
L31 Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L35 Cornering Lights
PK6 - (Colour Code)
E85 440 4BBL
D34 TF Automatic Transmission

HELP!! Anyone know a reliable mechanic in Vegas? PM Me if so and I’ll explain....

seinfeld kramer.gif

Ok ok.. short story short.. the previous owner stated the Carb leaks from the accelerator pump when running, during our conversation he mentioned that it did drip, but didn’t seem too concerned. After the purchase when discussing more details I mentioned that the car has to be driven up on the transport and possibly moved several times during its trip to accommodate other cars on the trailer, then the previous owner stated that the carb leaks a little more than he initially mentioned..I’m not comfortable with that Since The previous owner sounds to be an older eccentric gentleman and not really sure of himself, I just don’t want any problems. The shipper also said that moving an “Inop” car is move expensive, that I knew..I’m looking for a mechanic that can install a new Carb on her for me. The previous owner stated that in Vegas they had mobile mechanics they come to your house for service, I called a few but They only work on current model cars, not older cars with Carbs.. anyone??

10E3F682-0021-47C0-9EC3-AF7115C0EE0F.gif

Ok ok.. short story short.. the previous owner stated the Carb leaks from the accelerator pump when running, during our conversation he mentioned that it did drip, but didn’t seem too concerned. After the purchase when discussing more details I mentioned that the car has to be driven up on the transport and possibly moved several times during its trip to accommodate other cars on the trailer, then the previous owner stated that the carb leaks a little more than he initially mentioned..I’m not comfortable with that Since The previous owner sounds to be an older eccentric gentleman and not really sure of himself, I just don’t want any problems. The shipper also said that moving an “Inop” car is move expensive, that I knew..I’m looking for a mechanic that can install a new Carb on her for me. The previous owner stated that in Vegas they had mobile mechanics they come to your house for service, I called a few but They only work on current model cars, not older cars with Carbs.. anyone??

View attachment 237103

Call the local AAP or AZ and ask for the Commercial Parts Manager and he'll know who the trustworthy shop/mechanic is in the area. Call that person and hire him/her to install an Eddie 1406 carb for you. Should be able to do it in an hour.

Probably not leaking from the accelerator pump.... may be cracked bowl. Or a loose main jet well.... it’s a 78 thing if it’s still the stock carburetor.

You didn’t say whether or not it still has the Lean Burn ignition system and carb. If so, changing out the carb is only half the possible solution.

A leaking carb is a very dangerous thing and you don’t want the car you just found catching fire.

I would have them transport it as inoperative and not take the risk. When you get it, I’m sure we can all help you sort it out.

Probably not leaking from the accelerator pump.... may be cracked bowl. Or a loose main jet well.... it’s a 78 thing if it’s still the stock carburetor.

You didn’t say whether or not it still has the Lean Burn ignition system and carb. If so, changing out the carb is only half the possible solution.

A leaking carb is a very dangerous thing and you don’t want the car you just found catching fire.

I would have them transport it as inoperative and not take the risk. When you get it, I’m sure we can all help you sort it out.
My apologies Javier.. information I forgot to mentioned.. previous owner states it has a Holly double pumper with electric fuel pump. Lean burn gone sometime back. I’m still going to explore the mobile mechanic idea, I’m going to make some calls today and see how far I get. If no luck there then I’ll have it shipped INOP. The challenge with that option is once the car Arrives here, I’ll have to have it towed to the house. I would really rather not do, managements give me a hard enough time about buying the car. That’s all I need to hear is and “I told you so” when it shows up on a Rollback. I could probably use AAA, but would rather drive it. Standby to standby..

Last edited:
Ok, that’s great! ... Then your options are wide open.

Just call AZ as suggested earlier and have the recommended mech to check out and possibly change out the carb you buy from them.

Or call Counts Custom shop for recommendation.

However, I’d recommend you have the mechanic check it out first as it may be a much more simple fix. Then, if he reports the problem is as stated, your still good to go and won’t end up with a spare carb in the trunk.

Remote repairs suck. So you need to weigh the repair cost vs the info transport upcharge.

As to delivering it on a flat bed. If inoperable, have them deliver to your local mech. I never have cars delivered to my home. EVER!!!!!

J

Javier and Bob, thank you both for your suggestions. I called the local AAP and got a number to a Mobile mechanic whom I just got off the phone with and is headed over to the car to do an initial evaluation. Hopefully by this afternoon it’ll all be fixed and ready to go.

Last edited:
Keep us posted John. But I'm kinda getting a little frustrated, for you, with the owner.... he should really be stepping up to the plate here. Just sayin'

Xavier and Bob, thank you both for your suggestions. I called the local AAP and got a number to a Mobile mechanic whom I just got off the phone with and is headed over to the car to do an initial evaluation. Hopefully by this afternoon it’ll all be fixed and ready to go.
Just a heads up, because I can't seem to trust many folks to do things right... make certain the guy sets the throttle valve linkage for the transmission... the transporter will kill the trans driving her on otherwise.

Back