Barn Find Sport Fury GT @ MCACN Show 2019

No, can't say that I do. I guess you're going to tell me it's someone who has meticulously restored a number of cars. If so, Great. Kudos to him, I'm happy to hear it. But that means he is probably an exception, not the rule. I also would understand if a barn find was paraded on a the show circuit for a full season/year. The finder deserves some recognition for their discovery. But once that circuit is made, what purpose is there in doing it again the next year/season or the next or -? That's when I have to start questioning their motives.

Disclaimer: My intention is not to insult or offend anyone on this forum. I don't even mean to be disrespectful, although I know my wife tells me I can come across a lot stronger than I intend and I try to keep that in mind - with mixed results. So if I have inadvertently offended anyone I would also like to take this time to apologize with hat in hand. No offense is intended, it's just my opinion based on my own personal experience/observations.
He has a couple nice cars already, and this one will get the love it deserves.

No offense taken, I don't care what other people think of my cars, it's ultimately up to me to be happy or upset. I like seeing cars in the as-found condition, let's you know how it was when they found it. I take pictures of cars in the weeds or however they are when I come across them, so this isn't any different to me. I look at it the same as if I show up in my ratty 67 Dart that won't get any cosmetic work until after it's running and driving, after I bring it to the nearby Mopar show. It tells a tale.

That birdshit tells part of that tale. Eagle **** would be an interesting story, wouldn't it? :lol:

Last edited:
That was terrible of me. He's not a "look at me" type of guy, so I'll let him chime in if he wants to. I like the way he shares his cars, I think it's fun.
LOL, no worries. I really believe no one in their right mind would keep a car of this caliber in as found condition for too long. Looking forward to the build thread!

This is tough. Would you fill in the holes on the Bonnie & Clyde car probably not. Do they clean off the mummies they find ? Yep but they don’t repaint the coffins...

I think the whole deal at the MCACN barn find section is to one, let the finder show off a bit and B, let guys who’ve never hunted down and dug out a cool old car finally see the dirty pos you found as is.

I bet 90% or more of you guys have found buried treasure. So that’s why it’s no big deal to a lot of us. I know for a fact every car we drug home got cleaned up if it was still daylight. If you weren’t there you never saw it all nasty. Best example I have for sheer nasty was my 71 Torino. It was a dog house for 2 German shepherds for about 5 years. We got it going and I drove it home (safety first you bet!). It was so gross we stopped at a car wash and I vacuumed myself off and then opened both doors and sprayed out the interior. It was that bad. Being a 100° day in Phoenix it was dry by the time we got it home. This had zero value to me filled with dog hair and I don’t even want to guess what else. I get it but I don’t get what the big deal is. I know everyone gets high on a cars past story. I say who cares thanks for the keys & I’ll make my own stories thank you very much. This ofcorse can’t happen if you buy a cool old car and mothball it. How do you make new stories if you don’t drive it. I absolutely love the show ponies and like looking at junkers but I’m all about drivers. You can’t drive it if you can’t see out the windows....

Does anybody know what happened to the car? It´s been a year now since the show, enough time to make some progress restoring it

Does anybody know what happened to the car? It´s been a year now since the show, enough time to make some progress restoring it
I haven't done much of anything with the Triple Black GT other than a wash. I have several other projects going currently and others in line, so not certain I will ever get to this car.

billyfury, specializing in 70-71 Furys.

"washed"

IMG_20200825_070631.jpg

That car is bad ***!!

I was wondering what the plan was also. At least it's being taken care of and not sitting in a barn being neglected.

Back