Battery Question

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
20230822_100522.jpg
I'm trying to determine how old this battery is. I'm wondering if the Y19 at the end of this number means 2019. @live4theking @cbarge Anyone know? Thanks.

It's a lot newer than the 19's. But I do think it is D for date 02 (Feb) CY Calendar Year 19 (2019) So I'm thinking it's 41/2 years old.

The "burn code" is the Date of Manufacture, not the sales date (for which a receipt would be needed for warranty purposes).

"If there is no date sticker, the battery will have a strip, engraving, or heat stamp with a decipherable alphanumeric code. Typically found on the battery cover and sometimes on the battery itself, this code can be several characters long, giving the date information in the first two characters in the sequence. The first character will be a number from zero through nine that corresponds to the last digit in the year in which the battery was manufactured. For example, a five would mean 2015. The second character is a letter that refers to the month the battery was made. The letters A through L directly correspond to January through December. For example, the letter 'C' would mean March. Putting it together, "5C" indicates a manufacturing date of March 2015. These characters can be interchangeable, so "5C" and "C5" mean the same thing."

From JDPOWER.com

2014 April if this is the case I don't know what the rest of the stamp means...

"If there is no date sticker, the battery will have a strip, engraving, or heat stamp with a decipherable alphanumeric code. Typically found on the battery cover and sometimes on the battery itself, this code can be several characters long, giving the date information in the first two characters in the sequence. The first character will be a number from zero through nine that corresponds to the last digit in the year in which the battery was manufactured. For example, a five would mean 2015. The second character is a letter that refers to the month the battery was made. The letters A through L directly correspond to January through December. For example, the letter 'C' would mean March. Putting it together, "5C" indicates a manufacturing date of March 2015. These characters can be interchangeable, so "5C" and "C5" mean the same thing."

From JDPOWER.com

2014 April if this is the case I don't know what the rest of the stamp means...
Thanks John. That means it was the original battery! Wow, 9 years in the heat out here is unbelievable

Back