But Why?

GooBak

Reaction score
I know why im into the c-bodies... the styling is awesome, the engines are great, and theyre pretty uncommon. Also, my great grandmother drove an early 70s Imperial daily until she died about the time I started high school. I used to sit in it and pretend to drive for hours. The car got junked when she died and I wasn't old enough to try and claim it. But it got me into the big-*** cars of the period before I knew anything about cars. A few years later I saw the movie joyride and was instantly hooked(the hero car was a 67? Newport). I was wondering if anyone was willing to share their reason(s) for loving these cars

Oh s*** its a 71 not a 67 not even close but I caught my own mistake first! HA!

joyride Chrysler.jpg

The only movie that ever freaked me out while watching it on TV/DVD

joyride Chrysler.jpg

That's easy "Mopar or no car"

My in-laws bought a Chevy cruze the wednesday guess where its going today. The sheep will never learn.

That's easy "Mopar or no car"

My in-laws bought a Chevy cruze the wednesday guess where its going today. The sheep will never learn.

I see where GM has halted the sales of the Cruze. They are on lots but not able to be sold. Weird.

The very first cars I fell head over heels in love with were a 59 DeSoto and a 62 300 owned by my older brother, and a 60 Plymouth that was bought new by my uncle then sold to my dad in 68. My dad and brother were primarily GM guys, but these were the the cars that had the most impression on me when I was little. I became a devoted big Mopar fan while they stayed primarily GM with the occasional Mopar thrown in.

I'm a car guy that really likes C body Mopars. I think mainly because we love long distance road trips and nothing drives better then a big ole C body.
:eek:ld_school:

My father always had a full size Mopar. What we had depended on how well we were doing financially at the time; and the deal my Dad could get. We had Furys, Monacos Newports, New Yorkers, Town & Countrys...slabs, fuseys and formals.

My Dad only had one Imperial (a 75 4 door) as a retirement gift to himself...he had it until he died and I still have it as a parts car. So my C bodies are my time machines..

I keep catching myself toying with the idea of selling the two heaps I have now to buy a 67 Newport 300 sedan that's for sale in Jackson, MI. My wife would kill me but I think it would be worth it. The insurance savings alone would balance the gas bill... not that my wife cares, but shes kinda in love with the caddy so... I dunno. I know its a little off subject but I figured that a wife is probably the main obstacle for most car guys...

What is a Newport 300?
My wife has never been my obstacle. Only my own guilt when I think of how would my wife feel.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
What is a Newport 300?
My wife has never been my obstacle. Only my own guilt when I think of how would my wife feel.

My wife is my best friend. She keeps me in line and I love her more than anything, but she doesn't give a damn about cars. She'd rather have a new tv/laptop/phone than an old car.

And I guess my noob is showing with the Newport 300 thing...:sSig_noob: I should know better than to trust a sellers description...

This movie was made for you....... Chryslers, trucks and CB's is what was in this movie and you havent seen it?

I have other modes of transportation and no real need for a plane since I dont travel too far

if your car fails, you walk. if your boat sinks, you swim. if your plane fails, you pray

Back