Can you guys give me an idea as to what this is worth?

jg09

Reaction score
If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I'm curious, though, as to what you guys think I should ask for my Chrysler New Yorker. As much as I want to hang on to her, it's becoming obvious that a 4wd SUV or fullsize pickup truck would be much more useful for us. That means that one of my cars has to go, and if forced to choose between my '73 Maverick and the New Yorker, the New Yorker is going to get the boot. With that said, it'd be easier (I think) to trade straight across with someone who has what I'm looking for but I'm getting more and more questions asking what I'd take as far as cash goes. Could you guys take a peek at my ad and tell me what you think would be a good figure to throw out there? Obviously I want to maximize what I'd get for the car, but I want to be realistic as well. Thanks!

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/4761596157.html

I know what the general trade value I'm going for is, that's what I prefer to do since (in my experience) it's easier to trade for something a little nicer than get someone to just pay you more cash for what you've got. Hell, that's how I got this thing.

How about posting a picture of the fender tag (on the radiator core support) and the VIN number.

Wait a minute " The average Chrysler New Yorker buyer wore a monocle and drank tea with their pinkie aloft." Is that a shot?

I'm thinking 2K and I think the only way to get more would be to fix the issues you've listed.

What's special about the Maverick? Just curious, is it a V-8?

It's in near immaculate, unrestored condition and I have all of the original paperwork from its sale, including the pamphlets that came with the car, all the "instruction" manuals, the window sticker, and a copy of all the loan paper work. It even wears the original rear license plate frame from the dealership back when Washington state was abbreviated "WN" rather than "WA" like it is now. I like all classic American cars but if I had to lean one way over the others, I'm a Ford guy.

I've also considered pulling the motor and trans for my own use on a later project and selling it as a complete roller, but once again, not sure what would be a realistic figure to ask for it if I did that.

near immaculate

Really ? Just the steering wheel looks like whoever drives it hasn't washed their hands in 20 years. An indication of how the rest of the car has been cared for ?

Really ? Just the steering wheel looks like whoever drives it hasn't washed their hands in 20 years. An indication of how the rest of the car has been cared for ?

I wasn't talking about the NYB. Somone had asked me what was so special about my Maverick.

I've also considered pulling the motor and trans for my own use on a later project and selling it as a complete roller, but once again, not sure what would be a realistic figure to ask for it if I did that.

You would be shooting yourself in the foot by doing that. Like Ross said, the car becomes scrap price just because you pulled the drive train that's worth what, 700 bucks?

Maybe if you took it to service pro "like it never even happened" You could get some decent money, but for God's sake man .... I can never figure out why people can't take the time to present their cars in a respectable fashion! I wouldn't give you a grand for that thing looking like that! Now go home, clean it up, and take some new pics. Then we'll give you an honest opinion. K...?

A Maverick is still a Maverick... No matter how you try and dress it up... like they say you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig, They were junk in the 70s...And they're junk today. IMHO

I'd figure mid-2s, the way it sits. If you pull the 440/auto, you'll get anywhere from $600 - $1,200 for the drivetrain, and scrap money for the rest. You're better off selling the car whole.

Back