Chrysler HQ Cars & Coffee

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife of 1 year as of today and I went over for this event this morning in spite of the forecast and I'm glad we did. It was advertised on FB as the only one this year so I didn't want to miss it. There were very few classics but the weather turned out nice and I saw a few friends and made a couple of new ones. Not many pics but thought I'd post anyway.
IMG_20170604_100722951.jpg
IMG_20170604_101446156.jpg
IMG_20170604_101451358.jpg

Loved this modern Lil' Red!
IMG_20170604_103634467_HDR.jpg

Is that a factory option or home-made ? ( lil red ).

Not sure, I didn't check to see if it had a manufactures plate on it or not. It was supercharged iirc.. this was put on by the design group so there were a bunch of show cars, test mules and manufacturer plates.

Could well be factory. Note the section in this article

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/lil-red-express-truck-and-a-srt-express-commercial-ide-1372035814

upload_2017-6-4_17-9-35.jpeg

Two years later, Chrysler took it into their own hands to come up with their own revived Express. The 2012 concept featured a turbocharged Hemi V8 producing an estimated 500+ horsepower to move all that truck forward. Body-wise, the bed received a wooden makeover, blacked-out housings contained the 2013 model-year lights, and a Jeep SRT-8’s front bumper and LEDs were grafted into the front. Sadly, this vehicle remains a one-off show truck.

It's "design studio". I believe the idea died over the exhaust location.

Crap, I forgot that was going on.

Dumb place for the exhaust on the originals that spewed soot laden water all over the bed. Guess the design studio forgot that a converter byproduct is H2O. Leave the truck stuff for real trucks and plastic toys and keep it off your cars without trunk lids.

I like that FCA is advertising what appears to be the Pacifica hybrid on the headquarters building face with its 84 mpg equivalent fuel rating. I was wondering whether it was pulled off as well as the standard Pacificas, which have really impressed me. Has anyone driven one, and if so, are they pretty seamless - maybe Carmine or Graham?

I like that FCA is advertising what appears to be the Pacifica hybrid on the headquarters building face with its 84 mpg equivalent fuel rating. I was wondering whether it was pulled off as well as the standard Pacificas, which have really impressed me. Has anyone driven one, and if so, are they pretty seamless - maybe Carmine or Graham?

Merry Christmas (while we are still allowed to use such exclusionary speech and symbolism)

I drove one for a few short laps. It was so quiet and smooth that I hated it. It felt very "electronic". They aren't yet at dealers.

IMG_20161223_114207.jpg

Merry Christmas (while we are still allowed to use such exclusionary speech and symbolism)

I drove one for a few short laps. It was so quiet and smooth that I hated it. It felt very "electronic". They aren't yet at dealers.

Do you happen to know what the price range will be for those?

My old Neighbor had one these. He had bought a new Dodge challenger when they first came out, drove it for a few years then traded it for a Brand new Lil red express truck. He bought the first one in the country. Serial number was 001 or something like that. Then he traded that for a Ram charger, then he tradded that for a Cordoba.

:thankyou:Still on our honeymoon!:lol:

Back