Daves new addition

Congrats Dave! Great score! When reading the story, I felt your enthusiasm for the car so real that I almost got equally excited myself... Thanks for sharing the experience!

Congrats! I'll have to remember the 1970 Dart 6 cylinder next time I call U-Haul for a trailer. They sure don't want to rent one for a c-body.

We gonna see it at Carlisle Dave?

That's possible Gary. We'll see how she runs and if I can depend on it for that long of a drive. If it does that well I may dump the garage and bring everything. Id like to have them both there.

Congrats! I'll have to remember the 1970 Dart 6 cylinder next time I call U-Haul for a trailer. They sure don't want to rent one for a c-body.

That's the one I always use... Bob used another, later body line but yeah, they don't like C bodies on their trailers. Its gotta be because of the length, the weight falls within their guidelines

This car could not have found a better home. As long as I've known Dave he has been totally dedicated to these cars and their preservation. His situation demonstrates that he truly walks the walk.

Congratulations Dave.
I am happy for you as you love the 70/71 Polaras most, more than the rest of us.

Carsten

They are my addiction, can't explain it. I guess everyone has or needs a passion but this one is sick. I bounced off the walls during that whole auction....my poor wife......

Congrats. Great lunch break read. Noticed you being absent from this site a bit, so there's the explaination.
Didn't find any Gallery pics of your burnt orange Polara you already owned for several years. Seems to be the same Color. What's the difference that made it so desirable. I can relate btw. I bought another car of the same model year and Body just another Color two days ago, but at least a different Color. ;)

Worst part is the next time I looked at e bay I saw the listing for that no drive trained 1971 Polara brougham two door....... I want it!

Hello, my name is Dave and I have a problem.

Your in a room with many. There is no cure for that addiction!

Did you share it with the board?

I erased my Gallery photos many months ago. Had the two and three spot on views .

I love the K5 and B7 colors..... My two favorite. The same color car doesn't bother me... And I have a long list of colors I don't want.

The other k5 convertible is one of the nicest originals left , I want to keep it that way. Hopefully it will see even more limited duty, every now and then I like to pound on them. It makes it tough to do with her in the shape she's in.
A nice problem to have by the way.

This one will replace my brown 71 that we sold four years ago as a driver that I can do my way and not be so concerned about what plug wires and belts are on it......

One to Keep clean and low mileage, one to use more often. Now that makes sense; I don't see a Problem there now myself. ;)
Some minor rust issues at the Corners of the Dutchman Panel I see in the Ebaypics, otherwise pretty rustfree it seems.

QUOTE]

Just another 20k mile 62 Opel, These are my 71 Polaras.

Oh, BTW
The upper radiator hose....

Posted via Topify on Android
While doing what I want with it... I still can't get by some " incorrectness" .. The hoses will be correct before next spring.

I can say Stan won't agree with what happens on this car but I can't help it..sorry buddy

Did you know about this one, was it on your registry? Too bad about the gallery pics, the pic in the avatar is the only one of yours I've seen. Love to see more pics of the fleet.

One to Keep clean and low mileage, one to use more often. Now that makes sense; I don't see a Problem there now myself. ;)
Some minor rust issues at the Corners of the Dutchman Panel I see in the Ebaypics, otherwise pretty rustfree it seems.

QUOTE]

Just another 20k mile 62 Opel, These are my 71 Polaras.

Yeah... As you know those areas are leaded in and not as bad as I made it out to be in the original post... I had to derail the competition by setting doubt's.
I know there are a bunch of sandbaggers on this site, members and non members. Once Fred made the thread the cat was out of the bag.

Pictures on your Opel.... Better yet, start a thread so we all understand your passion.

Mark should sell his poncho and buy the white project off of you.

Did you know about this one, was it on your registry? Too bad about the gallery pics, the pic in the avatar is the only one of yours I've seen. Love to see more pics of the fleet.
No, this was an unknown. The seller owned it for 22 years and I just don't think he ever drove it. Notice in my one photo of the left bucket seat? It had wood blocks under it to raise it up. He was 6'2" easy and probably 245 lbs. He didn't put them there and now he won't get back to me.. Some stories on this car I would like to know. Like the 40 year old tires and the wires from 1971.... Are they original or reproductions.......

I guess I should start another album, but you could always stop by

Mark should sell his poncho and buy the white project off of you.

I am certain it has a buyer as noted earlier in the thread. Mark doesn't want a project like that. I am now very hopeful it will be saved and not parted....
But if it came to it I may have had to

No, this was an unknown. The seller owned it for 22 years and I just don't think he ever drove it. Notice in my one photo of the left bucket seat? It had wood blocks under it to raise it up. He was 6'2" easy and probably 245 lbs. He didn't put them there and now he won't get back to me.. Some stories on this car I would like to know. Like the 40 year old tires and the wires from 1971.... Are they original or reproductions......

I guess I should start another album, but you could always stop by

Yes, I thought I'd get down there for one of those ice cream shop meets, but I blinked and he summer was over. We still have a junk yard to visit.

Back