Daves new addition

It is nice to hear about somebody else’s adventures. I made the mistake once of taking a rental trailer empty one way to get a car and ended up bringing the same empty trailer home, from then on I reserved a one way just in case the car wasn’t as advertised. It was a local rental house and the price was right. I have tried to rent a trailer from U-Haul I’d tell them a 67 Valiant with a 99 F250 and they said no-go, from then on I’d tell them it was a F350 and I had no problem.

I had the same problem with the broadcast sheet on my Barracuda, at the time I didn’t even know what they were or that they even existed, it was way back. I discovered the one on the glove box by accident and pulled it out in pieces (it was brittle). Years later I pull the back seat and see the one there and told myself I’d get it when I redid the seats. Years later I had the car apart and the body with some of the larger parts like the seat were in the car and in my brothers yard. After a year or so there I retrieved the car and discovered that rats turned the broadcast sheet into bedding. Had I realized how easy it was to pull I would have taken it out the day I saw it, so much for a mint sheet.

Several years ago when I got my first 69 Polara it still had factory belts, plug wires and radiator hoses. This car had documented miles at about 60k but the engine was filthy, it was still 40 years old. There are other factors to better determine original miles but at the end of the day it really doesn’t matter.

Before I got the CHP car I was at a show with a bunch of other vintage police car enthusiast. I had just looked at the car a few weeks earlier and hadn’t cut a deal or secured the car so my friend told me to simply say I had my eyes on a car in SoCal. He also told me that some of these people have lots of money and are ruthless, knowing what it was and where it was they would snatch it up. Two months later my worries were over and I secured the deal. I later found out that the city alone would have been enough to locate the car as the owner was a known car guy in the area, you were wise to keep quiet.

Great find, enjoy it!

Alan

Worst part is the next time I looked at e bay I saw the listing for that no drive trained 1971 Polara brougham two door....... I want it!

Hello, my name is Dave and I have a problem.

Only one day and 21 hours left on that Polara Brougham on ebay as I write this - it is little money and it looks nice to me - even has the special Brougham cloth seats in it. Nature abhors a vacuum, so I say if the white one is going, the 71 2 door ought to replace it. You know I am right!! I love those Polaras as well, but my favorites are the Monacos from 69-71 within the Dodge brand. Now if that auction was for a like Monaco, it wouldn't be there right now!

Steve

Alan.... There are other signs like scratches on the window from going up and down. Also the switch panel is worn and the words are difficult to read. That indicates use but the pedals aren't worn.
The seller said 130,000... The title is mileage exempt.

Steve, I have the B7 blue 71 Brougham with the white top and white bucket interior with factory 440. To me, that is the best one there is.. I haven't seen a 71polara / Monaco in better dress.

Alan.... There are other signs like scratches on the window from going up and down. Also the switch panel is worn and the words are difficult to read. That indicates use but the pedals aren't worn.
The seller said 130,000... The title is mileage exempt.

Steve, I have the B7 blue 71 Brougham with the white top and white bucket interior with factory 440. To me, that is the best one there is.. I haven't seen a 71polara / Monaco in better dress.

You make a compelling case with that B7 blue and white top/interior Polara Brougham! It must be spectacular (maybe you could post a couple photos?).

But I am going to try to emulate you in terms of appeal with my 71 Monaco, which will likely end up being the only green I like (GJ4) with a black top and black bucket seat interior (the buckets are just like the 71 Sport Fury buckets). I had a 1971 Polara Brougham with that color combination, and I must say I never thought I would like a color green like that one. It was unique. And I hate every other green out there. But that one just popped. I ended up selling that one to get my 71 Monaco. The Polara was a nearly perfect 60K mile original car. It sold to Finland.

Steve

You make a compelling case with that B7 blue and white top/interior Polara Brougham! It must be spectacular (maybe you could post a couple photos?).

But I am going to try to emulate you in terms of appeal with my 71 Monaco, which will likely end up being the only green I like (GJ4) with a black top and black bucket seat interior (the buckets are just like the 71 Sport Fury buckets). I had a 1971 Polara Brougham with that color combination, and I must say I never thought I would like a color green like that one. It was unique. And I hate every other green out there. But that one just popped. I ended up selling that one to get my 71 Monaco. The Polara was a nearly perfect 60K mile original car. It sold to Finland.

Steve

DSC_0097b.jpgDSC_0078b.jpgDSCN6029.jpgIMG_1016 (2).jpg166663 2009 dash.jpg166663 2009 front seat.jpg2011ACNTShirtDesign.jpg

They loved it so much at Carlisle it made the 20th anniversary event shirt

DSC_0097b.jpg

DSC_0078b.jpg

DSCN6029.jpg

IMG_1016 (2).jpg

166663 2009 dash.jpg

166663 2009 front seat.jpg

2011ACNTShirtDesign.jpg

IMG_8749.jpg

Hereis the wires and cap. At some point long before the seller bought it some 22 years ago an electronic ignition was installed. I dont think the reproduction wires were available then..... can anyone tell the difference?

IMG_8749.jpg

Congrats Dave car looks nice, road trip sounds great you could have stopped by JK. Love the smokey with the blue car.

No Jer it didn't. I have no idea how I could stay awake that long but I think you summed it up.

On the return almost to WV I remember me thinking ****, I just woke up.... I should pull over, and I did. Twice.

I caught myself dozing off driving on the way back home from Green Bay (1,000 mile run). I pulled off on the next parkplatz on the Ohio Turnpike and took a nap for an hour and a half. Just have to take the edge off. All the **** I've been through in life.... I just don't want a FN oak tree to be the last thing I see!

Nice car and a great find!

Regarding the blocks under the seat. My Mom was 5 foot tall. My Dad built the seat up about an inch with some steel blocks in a similar manner in his 68 300. She still used a cushion, but it was better for her to see over the steering wheel.

Nice car and a great find!

Regarding the blocks under the seat. My Mom was 5 foot tall. My Dad built the seat up about an inch with some steel blocks in a similar manner in his 68 300. She still used a cushion, but it was better for her to see over the steering wheel.

I thought it odd that the seller was so big he never removed them, IF he hadnt put them in. After getting an e mail back today from him he said they were there when he bought it.
I did find it interesting though because the original owner of my other convertible raised the seat up the same way.

Congrats Dave, what a great example to add to your fleet,couldnt of went to a better home.Cool story getting her home.:yourock:

Thanks Dave for the photos of your B7 blue Polara Brougham. Yes, they don't get any better than that. Congratulations on making it onto the T shirt too. That Polara was obviously refreshing after seeing so many B and E bodies that people see all the time.

Dave, here are a couple photos of the 1971 Polara Brougham that I sold recently with the colors I ended up liking a lot (the front bumper was off at the time of the photos getting replated, but you get the idea). In addition, here is a photo of a 1971 Sport Fury GT I sold to a friend of mine that really wanted the car - he ended up restoring it fully. I include it because it has the colors your Polara Brougham has and also looks great.

100_6439.jpg100_6440.jpg

Kent's Dad's SFGT.jpg

100_6439.jpg

100_6440.jpg

Kent's Dad's SFGT.jpg

Dave, here are a couple photos of the 1971 Polara Brougham that I sold recently with the colors I ended up liking a lot (the front bumper was off at the time of the photos getting replated, but you get the idea). In addition, here is a photo of a 1971 Sport Fury GT I sold to a friend of mine that really wanted the car - he ended up restoring it fully. I include it because it has the colors your Polara Brougham has and also looks great.

View attachment 39611View attachment 39612

View attachment 39613

Very nice cars! Looks like you have a lot more of them in that facility???

B7 with White is one of my favorite color combo's. Sounds like you have quite the collection, any chance you could post a group photo?

Back