saylor

Reaction score
:)

eci_brake_kit.jpg

so here's the ECI brake kit, from, uhh, ECI

:)

for the c -body

eci_brake_kit.jpg

the installation page (1 page front and back is the totality of instructions, but we will get to that in a minute..) says the calipers are 78-81 Camaro / firebird with 10mm connection. Rotors are 78-81 ECI / Camaro / Firebird style with 4.5 and 4.75 bolt patterns. bearings A2 outer A6 inner , National (GM) 8705S seal.

This is the $625 kit, with $50 worth of short brake lines from caliper to frame.
2 rotors
2 loaded calipers
2 aluminum hubs
2 1/4"-thick steel plate mounting brackets
a sack full of bearings, bolts, and misc.

The $50 extra got me 2 raybestos lines in another bag.

Last edited:
I chose the ECI kit for a couple of reasons:

1.) never really found a 'bad' review online - in fact most posts mentioned their employees by their name and how great everything was.
2.) bolt-on application (mostly). I don't have a great set of tools (my dad was NOT a TV repairman), or great skills. I dont have a lift - this is driveway workin over here. This is supposed to bolt on without changing anything but the brake lines up to the frame. I'm in.
3.) price - $625.

OK now the cons:
1.) its chevy parts. I puke a little bit every time I think about it.
2.) its separate hub / rotor.
3.) its chevy parts.

then,,, I have to go here:
stock68brake_master.jpg

I don't think this is gonna push those calipers... and I didn't order anything from ECI . . . anyone have the part# for the disc brake MC? Booster?

stock68brake_master.jpg

ya what do you think about the pedal linkage? Any opinion? I have power drum now . . . think it will plug n play ?

during the day tomorrow ill be tearing old stuff off anyways so that will keep me busy.
and I read online somewhere that I should dress the raw metal brackets...

I also have some blue brake paint o.0

I notice that your kits suggest the metering valve, I did not put a metering valve in my front brake lines, just a proportioning valve to the rears and my car is stopping just fine. Anybody see any safety reason that I need a metering valve. I have seperate circuits.

They start with the $165 Scarebird brackets and bundle an A-Z package for you.
Or you could buy the $165 Scarebird brackets and get the remaining parts at AutoZone with the parts list they include.
Works either way.

Thats exacting what I did, total cost was around 450-500, Plymouth bearings and dodge calipers, ford rotors

What's your opinion of doing it that way.
I'm always inclined to do my own component searching.

kits scare me, I can go to advance auto, autozone, napa, etc.., to get every part I need.

Figured that.
How would you rate the experiance?
Pain in the *** but worth it or next time you'd try another way.

Figured that.
How would you rate the experiance?
Pain in the *** but worth it or next time you'd try another way.
I recommend the scarebird kit to everyone, it went together very good, other then my own dumb mistakes. I believe you are the one who said drums work just fine, and looking back, for the Sunday ice cream runs and local car shows, you are most likely right. But I have a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I have discs up front.

Back